Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • FOD
  • DaveE

Off to the FOD on friday
    Go there often but normally ride verderers and DH runs.
    Any suggestions for alternatives.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If you’ve got big kahoonas then there’s the quarry just past the skills area. So if you’re at the bottom of Ski Run, it’s past the Skills Area.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dowies. Some less frequented stuff over towards Soudley near the ex Lawnmower trail. Some nice tracks from Yorkley down to Blakeney straights or the current fashion is between Staunton and the river Wye.

DaveE

Can i link in Dowies from top of verderers.

psling
    Free Member

You can link accross to Dowies but it’s best to be shown. There are several good routes but it’s not exactly easy to say turn left by this tree, right by that tree, etc.!

Was at Pedalabikeaway today, it was rammed 😯 The launch of the Verderers Trail and all the MTB media publicity that went with it has certainly put the place on the MTB map. A lot of the unsurfaced trails are pretty wet at the moment too.

Enjoy 8)

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I was there yesterday and had an absolute blast on verderers, I think we did the decent at the end about 5 times! Had a look at one of the downhill tracks but what with it being rather wet and neither of us being particularly experienced with those sort of trails didn’t do too much.

What’s the best downhill track for a non-downhiller with a 120mm travel bike to have a go at?

And yes, it was rammed then too! Got there early and throughout the day it just got busier and busier

mattsccm
    Free Member

None of the down hills really need suspension if you keep the speed down. I have done many of them on my full rigid, (and the CX bike) . But slowly. And oh so carefully!
    The best wil be those further away from the cycle centre as they are less worn out and have less digging.
    As to getting to Dowies from the Verderers. At the point before the maindescent starts, don’t turn left onto the gravel, go right or better stay in the trees and right. Keep going, trending up until you hit the road, hopefully just above the tip and below Broadwell dips. Go across the road and stright until you hit gravel then alomts immediately 45 degrees right by a power substation. Follow the long open flat and power wire across gravel and down til you meet more gravel. 50 yards from road on right. Across and dwon windy and steep to road and cycle track. Cross road on cycle track and follow to first house on left. Left here up through carpark to road and right. 100 yards left on road to Ellwood. Up past school and opposite bank after school bear left and round to Dowies.

grahamt1980

I bet the rooty dh run would be interesting on a rigid.
    Thats the only one that would need suspension imo.
    The rest are just really good fun trail centre style downhills

rOcKeTdOg

i was there today

FoD by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

on this

Fully Rigid Woodpile by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

i got a Hi5 from a guy on a DH bike for staying infront of him down the final red descent of vederers 😀

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Dont mention Staunton or you will have the KNIGHTS after you!!!!!!!Hush Hush. 🙄

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Good directions to the Dowies was following that in my head.But i know it.They may get tempted will other trails on the way.

amt27
    Free Member

Dont mention Staunton or you will have the KNIGHTS after you!!!!!!!Hush Hush.

lol,
    all the Staunton stuff was built years ago by the Dirt Mag lot wasn’t it, very slick over there at the moment anyway,
    liking the new Lawnmower, or should I not have said that 🙂

i suggest a loop of the Enduro if you get bored of the Verderers, it has been rammed over there all week,

grahamt1980

I bet the mr rooty one was a little bouncy on that. Fair play

mboy
    Free Member

As to getting to Dowies from the Verderers. At the point before the maindescent starts, don’t turn left onto the gravel, go right or better stay in the trees and right. Keep going, trending up until you hit the road, hopefully just above the tip and below Broadwell dips. Go across the road and stright until you hit gravel then alomts immediately 45 degrees right by a power substation. Follow the long open flat and power wire across gravel and down til you meet more gravel. 50 yards from road on right. Across and dwon windy and steep to road and cycle track. Cross road on cycle track and follow to first house on left. Left here up through carpark to road and right. 100 yards left on road to Ellwood. Up past school and opposite bank after school bear left and round to Dowies.

If you follow the above directions, I GUARANTEE you will get lost…

MUCH better to go with someone who knows the way… Particularly if they know all the extra trails to take in on the way over there… What time you riding there tomorrow, I’ve not got much else on currently, could possibly be swayed to come down and would gladly show you round so to speak…

widge34
    Free Member

Ride numerous tracks from Staunton down to Monmouth. All are extremely wet and very muddy, except one which is pretty dry.
    A lot of the tracks few know about and we would like to keep it that way. Too many moto Xers about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘FOD’ is closed to new replies.