Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Flow EX rims – which tyres for tubeless setup?
  • Krooges
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy a new set of wheels with Flow EX rims. I’m used to running tubeless on some XT wheels (normally 2.35 HR Lusts, or some other LUST versions) but I’m interested in which tubeless or non tubeless tyres are being used successfully on Flow EX’s please.

Mackem

Nobby Nics been good so far.

Green

Ardent LUST, Crossmark LUST, and Nobby Nic Tubeless Ready all work good for me.

wl
    Free Member

Sure you want Flows? I’ve just put 20+ hours hard riding into my new Arch EXs with 2.2 (?) Black Chilli Rubber Queens and they’re mint – significantly lighter than Flows, but still good and strong. Just a thought…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Minions, Larsen TT or HR for me. Dual ply in 60A maxpro on the rear. Any-plys-you-like in 42A supertacky on the front.

CalLookUK
    Free Member

Continental Mountain King II 2.2 Protection and Maxxis High Rollers all good for me, Panaracer Fire XCs were a disaster – blew off on two rides, and in the car on a sunny day – messy!! 😉

I am running Crests.

CalLookUK
    Free Member

I should add all above are folders, and keep around 30psi max, I am 85kg and I run 28psi front, and 32psi rear.

banks
    Free Member

2.4 RQ front, sometimes rear too or a smorgasbord ftw

theraggyone
    Free Member

Im running hans dampfs on my flow ex went up tubeless with a track pump no bother at all. Great wheels love mine:)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Same here, Hans Dampf from bike-discount, track pump, been fantastic.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dampf and Ralph

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Have used Dampfs and Ralphs and used Bontragers and some maxxis on the 2 sets of Flows i have owned.all sealed fine and were easy to fit

timidwheeler

Specialized Ground Controls.

lornholio
    Free Member

Maxxis single ply EXO. Light and they work.

JohnnyPanic

Hans Damphs good tubeless, as are Spesh Purgatory controls or Butcher controls. Lighter than HD’s too.

Northwind

If you like Highroller LUSTS, you’ll probably love Butcher Controls. A lot of tyre, mind, fairly hard work if you put them on both ends but they are fantastic. Something faster on the back not a bad idea.

I do not understand dampf/ralph, that’s the tyre equivalent of a mullet- business at the front, punctures at the rear.

tom.nash

I run a Hans Dampf front and High Roller LUST on the rear on Arch EX rims – brilliant.

Krooges
    Free Member

Thanks a lot guy’s! Plenty of combo’s there to try. Much appreciated.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Flow EX rims – which tyres for tubeless setup?’ is closed to new replies.