Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Flightradar addicts – what's out of your window?
  • Smudger666

cracking find btw – best 2quid ever. seriously geeky.

doh
    Free Member

Been using plane finder for months how does this compare? The AR function is like crack to me I’m afraid.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Flightradar is the best of the tracking apps about as far as I know.
    I know of quite a lot of staff at Heathrow who use it to see when flights are due to land as it’s far more accurate than the arrivals boards.
    They’ve also started using it on iPads on the viewing deck in Terminal 4 at Heathrow as well so it must be pretty good.

Stu_N

Lost most of Sunday morning to this last week. To be fair we were staying with friends in Putney who have a north-facing balcony giving a grandstand view of Heathrow inbound traffic.

Spot of the morning was probably an Iranian A300. Saw loads of modern stuff but legacy airframes, that’s where it’s at.

Stu_N

Nearest kite is BA1464 coming into Edinburgh – a 767-336ER. The ER bit seems superfluous as it’s only come from Heathrow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The ship one is awesome, cheers for that!.

andytherocketeer

Used to live in Putney. Pretty good view of planes from my bedroom window. Back in the days of Concorde.

Used to live at end of Filton runway too. That was even better on the rare occasions that Concorde went home.

Nothing on the radar now – nightflight curfew. First flight looks like it’s an MD11 to Almaty

richpips
    Free Member

Passed close over our house just now.

Airbus A320-211 Munich to Manchester, due to land at 22:40

Cheers the kids will like that link.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Love the ios app, point the camera at the plane and it will tell you where it’s going.

AndyF1
    Free Member

Tarom airlines Romania to Dublin 427 mph 40000 ft flight RO397.

smogmonster

Well, they are hardly out of my window, but the nearest flights to me are VA2562, Virgin Australia Broome – Port hedland, or BTK6541, Batik Air Kupang – Jakarta. Im on a SemiSub Drilling Rig sailing from East Timor to somewhere between Truscott and Broome on the NW coast of Australia.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Errrrrr it’s 2.30am and I’m sitting in my shed tracking planes, thanks guys, thanks a lot!

aP
    Free Member

I’ve just realised why I woke up so early – easterly wind, no planes!
    We used to be able to lie in bed at the weekend having breakfast and watch Concorde in a banking climb going to reheat.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just seen a twitter post regarding a missing Malaysian flight. Many people quoting the flight just disappearing from the flight radar app. 😐

scuttler

Oooh, ooh – rare one coming over (unless you live in Chester). I know how much this place enjoys niche.

Beluga @ http://www.flightradar24.com/BGA421/2de9412

tiggs121
    Free Member

NWI
    Norwich
    EDI
    Edinburgh

STD 12:20 GMT
    ATD 12:30 GMT
    STA 13:45 GMT
    ETA 13:13 GMT

Aircraft(DH8D)
    De Havilland DHC-8-402Q
    Registration(405D65)
    G-ECOG
    Altitude
    12,850 ft Vertical Speed
    -2560 fpm
    Speed
    331 kt Track
    339°
    Latitude
    55.6722 Longitude
    Radar
    T-MLAT Squawk

weeksy

very cool.

andy8442
    Free Member

Oh bugger! Now I’m going to waste more of my life on the internet.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Flightradar addicts – what's out of your window?’ is closed to new replies.