• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Flight delayed
  • richmtb

So Easyjet the shower of shits that they are have delayed my flight by 2:50. This seems suspiciously like just under the 3 hour delay I would need to claim compensation.
    I understand it’s 3 hours late on arrival rather than departure. Does anyone know what counts as arrival? Is it wheels down on the runway or doors open at the gate?

This is the second time Easyjet have messed up my flights in the space of two weeks so I’m getting fed up with them. Unfortunately not much alternative on the route I’m flying

gonefishin
    Free Member

There will be an official arrival time noted for the flight and that is the time that will be used.

This won’t be an issue in the future though once we’re out of the EU.

richmtb

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check what it is. A £3 refreshment voucher doesn’t really seem like fair compensation for ruining my morning’s plans

Alphabet

My Easyjet flught was fine this morning and I landed in Pisa 30 minutes early.

Not sure I’m helping …

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s doors at the gate following a case a couple of years ago, the airline tried to suggest wheels on the ground was arrival but the courts disagreed.

deadkenny
    Free Member

gonefishin – Member 

Indeed. All we’ll be entitled to then is an apology for being late, if we’re lucky.

Airlines must be loving Brexit. Mobile companies too (looking forward to returning to £8 per MB mobile roaming with EE, as is their “outside EU” charge 😉 ).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

richmtb – Member
    Thanks, I’ll be sure to check what it is. A £3 refreshment voucher doesn’t really seem like fair compensation for ruining my morning’s plans

Yep never trust a morning flight or an evening one…
    If I have morning plans I fly the night before.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member

gonefishin – Member

Indeed. All we’ll be entitled to then is an apology for being late, if we’re lucky.

Airlines must be loving Brexit. Mobile companies too (looking forward to returning to £8 per MB mobile roaming with EE, as is their “outside EU” charge ).

Sad remainers never miss an opportunity to moan do they? HTF do you or anyone know what will happen after we leave the EU? It will be many years down the line before the dust settles on that one.

fadda

HTF do you or anyone know what will happen after we leave the EU?

Sad brexiteer in admission shocker…

forzafkawi
    Free Member

fadda – Member

HTF do you or anyone know what will happen after we leave the EU?

Sad brexiteer in admission shocker…

What have I got to be sad about other than pathetic losers who keeping crying that we’re doomed?

munrobiker
    Free Member

There’s an entire thread for this forzafkawi. Instead of spoiling the country this thread you should go onto that one.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Richmtb,

Was that the Bristol to Glasgow this morning?
    My wife had the same this morning.

She cancelled and missed her meeting. They texted this morning about the delay but didn’t tell her she could have transferred to an Edinburgh flight until the gate for that flight closed…

richmtb

Was that the Bristol to Glasgow this morning?
    My wife had the same this morning.

It was indeed

I’m down here now though so no major harm, just starving as I skipped lunch to make up some time!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

There’s an entire thread for this forzafkawi. Instead of spoiling the country this thread you should go onto that one.

My point exactly munrobiker. Thanks for clarifying that as there seem to be several posters on STW who don’t seem to realise it and choose to twist every thread towards the referendum.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s perfectly reasonable to say we will not be able to claim after a delay of over 3 hours after Brexit, it’s likely that we will lose this EU ruling as part of Brexit, since it’s in the interest of the consumer not business.

euans2
    Free Member

Your arrival time is your on chocks time, it’s also the start time for the aircraft turnaround.

deadkenny
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member 
    It’s perfectly reasonable to say we will not be able to claim after a delay of over 3 hours after Brexit, it’s likely that we will lose this EU ruling as part of Brexit, since it’s in the interest of the consumer not business.

Having made such a claim for a 15 hour delay recently, this is an issue I’m very much interested in. The claim was totally dependent on the EU court ruling and the airline was very clear in that they did not agree with it and they are constantly contesting it. Staff on the ground flatly denied it was even a right to claim it.

The “great repeal act” however, if it goes ahead, will turn EU laws into UK laws but then all those laws are then in turn judged and those MPs don’t like are rejected. UK airlines are powerful, especially with Tory MPs with financial interests in them or anything the airlines may have influence over. I believe the airlines will strongly express their influence to overturn this one.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Was expecting a bit of resistance to compensation payment when our Easyjet flight from Innsbruck to Gatwick was delayed by 3 1/4 hours at the end of our summer holiday. On the contrary, cheque received 2 weeks after submission of on-line form. Not really helping I suppose. However I guess my point is that given the way it was dealt with I would have no qualms flying with them in the future.

km79
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3dYS7PcAG4[/video]

mikertroid
    Free Member

I was flying over Bristol this morning and there was talk of Low Vis Ops there. Perhaps this might have contributed to your delay?

If it’s weather-related I don’t think you’d have had compensation even if it was beyond 3h late. I have a good track record arriving early but this morning was 19mins late on stand due to Brazilian ATC last night 🙁

Any operator is going to strive to keep a delay below 3h for commercial reasons; quite understandable

deadkenny
    Free Member

Thomson strung me out to bang on the legal deadline before acknowledging and dealing with the claim. They did pay up though eventually.

They’re the main airline that generated the laws in the first place and have been slapped a number of times over it for arguing plane faults are not their fault, delaying tactics and other excuses to deny claims.

Staff at the airport just told everyone had to claim off their own insurance. Yeah right.

Anyway, I use the ‘Resolver’ tool linked on MSE’s guide to claim for free. Though the guide does state that it must be over 3hrs to claim.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

Daffy

I understand it’s 3 hours late on arrival rather than departure. Does anyone know what counts as arrival? Is it wheels down on the runway or doors open at the gate?

It’s from the time the first door opens.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Flight delayed’ is closed to new replies.