Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flatty Dilemma: Burgtec or Nukeproof
  • marc
    Free Member

I’m looking round for a decent pair of flatties, I think I’ve narrowed it down to either Penthouse iv or Horizon Pro’s but I don’t know anyone who runs either.

Any comments/advice/opinions gratefully received.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Vaults are amazing, but the horizons look a bit nicer whilst seeming as big and grippy.

thebadabing

I have vaults one one bike and penthouse iv on the other bike. Penthouse better in my opinion, better size, feel better quality (vaults are still good tho), amazing grip…almost too much. I got mine from creation cycles.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve just gone from vaults to burgtecs, a step up in grip, comfort and robustness. Loved my vaults but these are incredible.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve tried a mates bike with burgtecs and didn’t find them nearly as good as my vaults. May have been mk3, how long has mk4 been out?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The burgtecs have no gap between pedal and crank arm, where as most others do.

Might be worth considering.

I have a couple of sets of Vaults wouldn’t change them!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had some older burgtechs, if it’s a choice between burgtech and anything else, it’s burgtech every time.

Quality – tick*
    Rebuildable – tick (with parts you can buy from a manufacturer in the UK, not waiting for distributors/shops/etc)
    Gripy – tick, tick, TICK
    Light – well, they’re lighter than they used to be! And probably light enough you couldn’t tell on the bike.

*Ok, they’re not actually that well finished, they look like they’ve been machined from a piece of extruded aluminium, which they have, but they do the job very well, and a bit like Hope’s signature machining marks it’s Burgtechs’s style to leave razor sharp edges (and they probably add to the grip).

The only downside, they no longer do the awesome “disco camo” anodizing 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Flatty Dilemma: Burgtec or Nukeproof’ is closed to new replies.