Home Forums Bike Forum Five Tens, new pedals or both?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Five Tens, new pedals or both?
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Just how good are Five Ten's (Freerunners to be precise)?
    Are they worth buying or should I upgrade my pedals first? (I'll be going from V8s to Superstar Nano Tech Flats.)

Should I go for shoes first, pedals first or throw caution (and cash) to the wind and get both?

donks
    Free Member

do it man….get the both. i have the exact combo and i wouldn't be without them now. My spd's are as redundant as Gordon Brown now.

tony24
    Free Member

i am using gusset outland pedals there not the most grippy pedal in the world with hardly any studs and very small 1's. i was using a normal pair of trainers with them and my feet slipped a fair bit.

I now have five ten freeride trainers and to move your foot you have to lift it up it wont slide the rubber on the bottom is super grippy. i would recommend the shoe. i love mine and i have never slipped of the pedals yet.

Stif cycles are selling them for £62.99 atm with free delivery.

gcaster
    Free Member

Yeah I thought as much.
    At the moment I constantly slip off climbing 'cos I'm so used to my cleats on the roadie. Main reason I'm changing is just slipping when wet which resulted in a really sore shin on my last ride!
    The Freerunners look pretty cool too (unlike most Five Tens) and my Salomons are now dying after 2 years.

tony24
    Free Member

i do plenty of climbing living in kent and can confirm there good for that 2 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Five Tens, new pedals or both?’ is closed to new replies.