• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Five Ten sizing?
  • FOG

After the recent threads about flat shoes for the winter, I am going for the Freerider EPS despite my reservations about quality. I need a genuine 13 and this years freerider has a 13. Are these sizes reasonably accurate or are they more American sizing? Nobody local has any stock to try so its mail-order . I have heard Five Ten size up a little small, if this is the case their 13 would be no good.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Yes definitely come up small by two euro sizes in my case.

FOG

Back to the drawing board!

ashweee
    Free Member

I recently bought a pair of the mid top freerider eps shoes and found them a little bit big and had to go down a size.

Tracey

Four different sizes of feet in our house. Always ordered the same size as our normal shoes and they have always been OK. Same with my latest EPS ones.

bennn
    Free Member

I’ve always found mine to be true to size, not sure if the added insulation has any effect in the new EPS’s fit though.

Edit; ^ Tracey beat me to it.

eshershore
    Free Member

I’ve had 6 different pairs of 5-10s and always a 42 *uk8* same as my size in Nike trainers.

Markie
    Free Member

I am a 43 in every shoe ever – Church, Locke, Nike, Adidas, Patagonia, Crocs(!), Shimano, New Balance – everyone.

I’m a 42.5 in the Five Ten EPS high – ordered in both sizes after reading this might be the case and lo it was.

Great shoes!

wallop

I always go down half a size!

ade9933
    Free Member

Weird – I find I need 1/2 larger in 5-10.

dmck16
    Free Member

Got the Freerider Elements a few months ago and tried on both uk9 and 10.

I usually wear uk10 trainers (mostly Adidas), but shoes/boots are usually sized down to uk9 (en. Dr Martens, Kurt Geiger)

The 10’s were too roomy in the heel, so went for the 9’s. Although a uk9.5 would probably have been slightly better.

Hopefully that comparison helps you!

FOG

Thanks for the suggestions, I can see I am just going to have to order some 13s and see how they work on the weird FOG feet. {thats official, the chiropodist said so !]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten sizing?’ is closed to new replies.