Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fitting new frame decals- an art? Any tips?
  • hora
    Free Member

Post respray (of course I will post the fruits of my labour..well the powdercoater’s up) but…..is there an ‘art’ or any tips on how to line up decals correctly? Or is it really all in the eye? (Im **** if you need a good eye for level etc).

help!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Put the stickers in soapy water. Fit whilst still wet and gently position, get rid of air bubbles. Then let dry. POP.

BigTed
    Free Member

Check out decal positioning on frame of same make and size (e.g. where in proximity to cable guides, bottle bosses etc.) and be in absolutely no rush whatsoever.

Having a pure mind and a steady hand helps too…..

rOcKeTdOg

yup fairy liquid is an old van vinyl graphics trick

hora
    Free Member

Sure??? Surely the adhesive will rollup/lose its adhesiveness? I’m obviously guessing here from a newbie!!

Any tips on what to clean the surface with first? I have some Smirnoff Vodka- would this surfice? (if I rubbed until dry)

bear-uk
    Free Member

The soapy water has no effect at all on the glue, apart from allowing you to cock up and start again.

theboatman
    Free Member

Those little alcohol wipes are handy for prep, save the vodka to help you keep a steady hand 🙂

hora
    Free Member

THANK YOU guys. Stickers arrive tomorrow. Will wait until weekend to fit when I have lots of time.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I always put one on and then use low tack masking tape to circle the tubes so you get them in the same position on either side….looks naff as if they’re assymetric (or as my old boss used to say…..pissed)

hora
    Free Member

Erm, sorry to ask but soapy as in washing up liquid or milder ‘soap’?

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Windowlene window cleaner is also good for positiioning stickers allows you to slide the sticker into place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fitting new frame decals- an art? Any tips?’ is closed to new replies.