Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First world watch related questions
  • toby1

So not exactly a problem, but will just one watch do all the of the following, or do I need to rob my piggy bank for all 3?

I want a GPS watch, a daily wearable watch and I’m partial to having a proper watch for nice too activities, presently I’m thinking:

Garmin 405cx for GPS running, biking duties.
    Suunto core all black for daily duties
    Bell & Ross vintage BR123 for posher wear (although I might need to sell on a kidney for this one).

So I just being greedy and wanting needless tat, or are all of these really good at different things? Or should I just buy a simple watch and be done with it.

Anyone with servicing experience of B&R please free to put me off with estimated costs.

And this is a mildly tongue in cheek post, so feel free to let the abuse fly 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

I have a sunto core and it’s cool,

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Some kind of garmin
    Rolex explorer 1
    No need for a third

Tiger6791

Omega Speedmaster + iPhone?

Ambrose

You probably already have a daily watch. Your smartphone does GPS. All you need now is the bling. FWIW, I too use a Suunto. I like the way that only certain people recognise it. I’m a bit shallow that way though.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Anyone with servicing experience of B&R please free to put me off with estimated costs.

Not sure about B&R but I got my Panerai serviced last month and it was about £300.

Mind you it came back looking brand new. Every little mark (even some that were there when I got it) had been polished out.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but how often does a posh watch need servicing? Not how often would the industry like it to be serviced, but what can one realistically get away with?

atlaz
    Free Member

My watch is supposed to be serviced every 3 years. I stretch it to 5 but last time was 380 quid as opposed to 200 as loads more needed replacing. That said, I doubt they’d have replaced the parts that broke 2 years ago.

woffle
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but how often does a posh watch need servicing? Not how often would the industry like it to be serviced, but what can one realistically get away with?

I had a 30 year old Omega Flightmaster that had been serviced a total of 2 times in it’s lifetime. Ran like a dream, lost about 5 seconds over a week…

BillMC
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First world watch related questions’ is closed to new replies.