Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • First time on the back of a BIKE…
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

I’d never even been on a scooter or anything of that ilk until yesterday when a friend took me for a long-promised whizz around the blocks on the back of his superbike rocket.

Holy cow.

There’s sex ‘n’ drugs ‘n’ rock ‘n’ roll, but this was something else.

Anyone else got more than they bargained for astride our motorised cousins?

yunki
    Free Member

I know that feeling very well.. my lil brother is an enthusiastic superbike owner… 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

A bloke who I used to work for decided we’d go on the bike one Saturday as all the tools and materials were on site, on I jumped with my plastic helmet and ski coat. Journey to was pretty steady however the journey home was a whole different story. All I remember is an arm reach round to pull me in close (ahem) and off we went on a dual carriage way to race the fastest sapphire cozzy of all time. I remember thinking surely there can’t be another gear as he shifted up one more time!! At this point the ski jacket was creating so much drag and noise I may as well have been sky diving with a bin liner on!!! I never ride pillion these days!!

martymac

it does feel different on the back, compared to actually riding it.
    i had a zzr 1100, many moons ago, loved it, wish i could afford another bike.

br
    Free Member

Or as a pal said ‘I couldn’t decide if the pain would be less if I just fell off the back rather than attempted to hold on’

Full-chat on a ZX9R on the A41, and my pal was a biker too.

Taff
    Free Member

Never Been on a road bike before. Done pillion on an enduro bike several times and burnt my leg. First time I rode on my own though I road straight into a corrugated steel pig shed!

trail_rat
    Free Member

grew up pillion … dad was an avid motorcyclist.

started with an RD125 which i inherrited for a field bike – onto an imported XS400 chopperalike

onto an XJ600 Divvy – remember thinking that was quick

then ZX6r – WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP that can shift !

remember my dad took my mum out once – she hates it , he said she was steering the rear end so much they just about hit the round about – him leaning in and her leaning out !

grim168
    Free Member

I did a Buel track day a couple of years ago and got a hot lap on the back of Mat lewellyn an ex british superbike racer. Now that was fun 😀 There was a bar welded on the tank to hold onto.

the_lecht_rocks

Mrs TLR is addicted to my VFR1200F 😯

Cannot keep her off the back.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Not been pillion since I did my DAS – the instructor took me out on his Pan European and was bringing sparks off the centre stand on a roundabout in Stirling town centre… kind of figured I should really make sure I passed so that I was in control next time 😉

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I overheard one of my friends tell her sister that she can orgasm when she rides pillion (in a housewives sitting on the washing machine in the 1950s type way i presume).

Have never quite been able to get that thought out my mind, nearly 10 years on 😀

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I remember with nostalgia my first introduction to motorised biking… obligatory speech went something along the lines of ‘if you do anything but sit still and straight we will crash and we will die’. 😯

Great fun, though I couldn’t drive yet so I didn’t have the sense of the road (and change in speed limits) which would have proved useful..
    No particularly scary bits, apart from the time waiting at a roundabout – I wasn’t quite paying attention when it was our go and almost dropped off the back of the bike into the car behind us 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

First time was on the back of my uncle’s Triumph, hammering it down the Wrcsam by-pass when the pisspot helmet I was wearing worked itself loose, slipped off and nearly chocked me to death. It took what seemed like hours to get his attention and then to stop.
    A mate had a BMW K75 and he would get great pleasure in taking it to around the 100 mark before ducking behind the fairing resulting in a huge rush of air in the face of the pillion.
    Eyes closed as a pillion is something I find quite relaxing too.

Woody
    Free Member

Riding pillion scares the crap out of me after an ‘episode’ outside Aboyne with 147mph on the clock on the back of a Z1R many years ago 😯

I’ve just bought this and got the same feeling when I ‘gave it the beans’ for the first time 😀

Sandwich

Mrs Sandwich used to beat me on the shoulders if the launch from the lights was too vigourous. THe one time I rode an old GSXR 750 it was frightening how quickly it accelerated with no fuss as opposed to the GPz 750 I rode. To see 120 on the clock before I got to the end of the slip road was a shock.

Dolcered

I hated being pillion on the OH’s ninja, so i took my test got my own bike!

scaredypants

1st time ever on a bike, I pillioned from manchester to portrush & back on some 600cc 1 cyl trailbike (trip included what seems like about a mile down a trainline one night 😯 )

2nd and last time, pillioned from nottm to south of france & back on a 750 pretend racebike

(the blisters are beginning to heal – france was about 20yr ago)

derek_starship
    Free Member

I used to get a lift to work on the back of a Z1000. I used to look forward to getting up in the mornings!

My opinion about pillion riding changed years later when the chap up front decided to race a Porsche 944 from the lights. He dumped the clutch and the front end went up. I ended up on my arse in the middle of Chapel St, Salford feeling a bit sore and stupid.

Yamaha 350LC YPVS – if I recall….

clareymorris

All the time………..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘First time on the back of a BIKE…’ is closed to new replies.