Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • First ride on the DW Link 5 Spot
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

Built up the frame (thanks switchbacks!) and took it out for its first ride last night.

First impressions were excellent. Definently feels more snappy and quicker on the flats, climbing performance is obviously better and it felt more capable on the downs.

Did feel more feedback through the pedals though at certain points whiilst climbing (notably when riding over rocks and roots) but I am still fettling with air pressures in the RP23 and rebound and so will take a week or so to set up as I want.

A weekend in North Wales beckons (including the 2nd annual Snowdon night ride) and so well excited about stretching its legs outside of the Peak area!

Thought that the back end felt quite strange whilst messing around on the Sheffield Moab last night and was dabbing much moe that normal until I realised the back wheel was nearly hanging off as the Hope(less) QR had come undone! Doh!

woodsman
    Free Member

Would you say the DW is a more do-it-all kinda bike than the old Horst. which is great on the rough stuff but a bit of a cruiser on anything else?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Have had all 3 5 spot incarnations now.

The ride on the DW link is much better in my opinion but I viewed them all as do it all bikes!

the_lecht_rocks

freeform in the zone :

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=561723

what weight is your dwl spot freeform ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

3 5spots? Waht are you doing to them?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Moved from one to another, all great bikes though!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Love my DW Spot 8)

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Love my DW spot too. Only had it 2 weeks!

dustytrails

Love mine too, best full suss bike I've ridden, owned previous version of spot & a couple of Intenses, tried specialized stumpies & Giant Trances / Anthems & the DW Spot beats 'em all. top bit of kit once you get the shock pressure sorted.

timpol
    Free Member

Thinking of changing my Yeti 575 for a DW Spot because fancy a harder hitting frame, any views?

mrpink
    Free Member

I've had 3 spots,2003 hl,2008tnt and 2009dw,the dw is the best,snappy for a 140mm bike,swallows square hits,rails single track,climbs like a goat!
    Got a 150 15QR float on it,also have a talas 36 that makes the bike feel more bomb proof.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘First ride on the DW Link 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.