Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First Ride in Perth Hills!
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Just back from my first trail ride in the Perth Hills. Only about 15km at an average of 15.6kph. Awesome trail riding and saw my first kangeroo too. Just a quick blast as im frighteningly unfit and still recovering from flying out and checking out Perth (see: Drinking)

Knew the guy from work I went out with was a pretty fit roadie, wish I had known that meant that he had qualified to ride in the UCI road World Cup… In second place in his age group… Will definitely be getting fit whether I like it or not!

In other news I’ve only seen one spider and it hasn’t bitten me yet, in fact its pretty much stayed in the corner of the apartment and ive just left it to it!

donsimon
    Free Member

Cool.

psychle
    Free Member

You didn’t waste anytime getting out there, good stuff! You’ll love it, Perth is a top city, just watch out for the Great Whites down at the beach 😉

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah no doubt only landed thursday evening! Im fortunate that one of the guys I now work with / for is a keen cyclist and he wanted to get out and show me the local trails!

Quite liking Perth, clean and friendly – put me in mind of Van, BC.

Just need to find some permanent accommodation now for when I get back from the first roster up in the middle of nowhere!

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Good work, where did you go, somewhere up near kalamunda? Nice day for it.

I’m in Thornlie

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Headed out from Calamunnda Camel Farm on to some of the trails round there. Will be looking to try and get out and check out some more of the riding out there.

Want to check out the Goat Farm as well as I hear there is some DH and 4x there.

Was quite pleasant out a light shower but still plenty warm enough.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, if you’re ever the other side of the Nullarbor, Adelaide has hills too, and I’d happily show you the bits I’ve been shown in the past year or so…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First Ride in Perth Hills!’ is closed to new replies.