• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First night ride tonight…At Afan
  • ryanctj
    Free Member

Excited. Got my budget cree lights set up and I’m going on my first night ride tonight to do The Wall. Any tips from experienced night riders? Is there anything extra I should pack apart from the usual day riding stuff?

composite
    Free Member

Spare light. Spare top; not always required but when the sun goes down it can get very cold very quickly.

DT78
    Free Member

Silver bullets and stake

creamegg
    Free Member

You may want to read up on this before heading out 😀

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a Petzl Tikka in the bag as a get you home spare. If only one light then your head and not bars. Go dead slow and mind the afan weirwolf – keep off the moors!!

danielgroves
    Free Member

As the others said spare light, if you have a spare battery for your main light it would be worth taking that. Take a windproof layer if you don’t normally and and extra top, if you get a puncture or whatever and have to stop you’ll get very col very quickly. Other than that, don’t get carried away. I find a ride fast at night than in the day as the limited visibility helps me stay focused.

ryanctj
    Free Member

😀 Thanks all, some good advice there. I’ve got a lid and bar combo and will take a spare just in case. I’m a little worried about the beasties, especially as my riding buddy is quicker than me on the climbs.I guess that just gives me extra motivation to pedal harder! Will let you know how it goes.

br
    Free Member

Full change of clothes when you get back, especially if there is any moisture. Plus always 2 lights and a spare waterproof in the Camelbak, as it can get extra cold if you stop for a mechanical etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First night ride tonight…At Afan’ is closed to new replies.