Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • First driving lesson tomorrow
  • sambob
    Free Member

Woop! You don’t have to care but I’m excited, so I thought I’d share. Might be safe to keep out of Chapel-En-Le-Frith tomorrow afternoon. Any useful tips or funny experiences?

project
    Free Member

Chapel en le frith, you havent heard about the large protest march then tomorrow a fternoon ………………………………..8O

sambob
    Free Member

What’s that about then? 😉

tandemwarriors

Good luck.
    I always make a point of telling my pupils on their first lesson that they’ve got a big safety net called me and my dual controls, so you can’t hit anything, or crash into anything. Apart from roadies 😉

And there is no such thing as a stupid question! If it doesn’t make sense, ask. If it still doesn’t make sense, ask again. It’s not your job to understand it, its the instructors job to teach it in a way you can understand.

Enjoy, and let us know how you got on.

Cheers,
    Rob

skaifan
    Free Member

You only need to heel and toe on the downshifts. Maser this before moving on to left foot braking. I’d wait until the second or third lesson before attempting the Scandinavian flick.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Drive it like you stole it.

kayak23

If something gets in your way. . . . . . . . . . . . turn.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Good luck! Lots of fun to be had. The new tests harder IMHO than the old one but it makes you a more rounded driver.

spooky_b329

Every time the instructor says ‘Turn left at the junction’ say ‘Right!’

I used to do this without realising, and only stopped when the instructor started saying, ‘No, Left!’ to humour me 🙂

The best moment of my driving lessons was when a classmate tailed us out of school in his souped up Nova, and my instructor took us out to the bypass. ‘At the T junction, lets turn right and boot it up the hill flat out and lose the loser’. I don’t mind if you spin the wheels when we pull out 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Handbrake turns are encouraged.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers all, seemed to be 1 useful tip and the rest just amusing. Will see how it goes. Off riding now, then work afterwards.

project
    Free Member

If its a lady instructor ask her for a date, it worked for me,i got her husband for the following few lessons.

saleem
    Free Member

Good luck, keep at it until you pass, I didn’t, moved to London to use the underground then drove for years with no licence, I was bad, I know I shouldn’t have done it. In the end I went and did my theory and driving test in under 2 months. Just keep at it and don’t give up no matter what, I did and regretted it.

spooky_b329

then drove for years with no licence, I was bad, 😯

njee20
    Free Member

At the T junction, lets turn right and boot it up the hill flat out and lose the loser’. I don’t mind if you spin the wheels when we pull out

The 1.4 diesel Fiesta I learnt in would ‘lose’ nothing but a milk float, a broken down one at that!

sambob
    Free Member

Back from riding, lesson on half an hour. Excited rather than enrvous at the mo, that could all change though.

Pook

WTF? You’re only 12. 😯

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My second driving lesson was a two hour affair, after the first hour we stopped for a quick de-brief in a supermarket carpark.
    Suddenly and without any warning a masked gunman entered the rear of the car, he pistol whipped the instructor and made me help put the guy into the boot, I was the forced to drive at gunpoint to the on-site filling station and fill up at the cards only pump using my own debit card, this really annoyed me as it took me overdrawn to the tune of £42 plus a £30 fee, after that he place an old duffel bag on the passenger seat and then made me tell him jokes, after a while the bag started to vibrate and I asked him what was in the bag, he went bezerk and cocked the gun and told me to mind my own business, we were on the A66 heading to Penrith when he told me to pull over onto a side road, he then got out of the car and sprinted off in the direction of Appleby leaving the duffel bag on the seat.
    I retrieved the instructor from the boot who had regained consciousness and called the Police who arrived lights flashing within 7 minutes

sambob
    Free Member

That was good, only stalled a few times until the very end when I met something coming down our lane, 1/7 hill starts in my first lesson are pretty tricky.

faz083
    Free Member

one key point to grasp is that it’s no good for a car if you don’t redline it everywhere.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘First driving lesson tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.