Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Finally… some good news.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Chris Evans is leaving the Radio 2 breakfast show after 8 long, hard years.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Let’s hope RadMac take over!

lister

But Steve Wright still remains…😡

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brilliant, I canny stand that condescending knobend Evans.

chipster

Good news indeed.

Fingers crossed for someone decent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

But Steve Wright still remains…😡

Chris isn’t really that annoying IMO, he is too shouty I’ll admit but in he same way a new puppy is..

But then R2 is an old dated station content with pleasing those whaling daily readers, of which old Wrighty fits perfectly.

On the subject of a replacement for Chris, I’d really like to see a Woman take over.. because let’s face it R2 during the day is all about Men.

sillyoldman

New puppies mature though….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hacker T Dog has made claim to the slot it seems, looks like a good fit IMO.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d really like to see a Woman take over

Yep, Lisa Tarbuck would be ideal.

jimster01

No, she is ideal for Saturday evening, but I couldn’t handle hearing about what someone’s GEORGOUS HUSBAND is preparing for breakfast.

martinhutch

I’m not sure we can trust R2 to make a better choice. After all, they have taken what was a lighthearted and listenable drivetime show and turned it into a boring dirge simply by adding Jo Wylie.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’m not sure we can trust R2 to make a better choice. After all, they have taken what was a lighthearted and listenable drivetime show and turned it into a boring dirge simply by adding Jo Wylie.

Very much this.  I thought it was a fantastic show and went downhill rapido.  I don’t bother listening anymore.

Radio 2 has a habit of fixing things until they break.

johndoh
    Free Member

Good god no  – she is painful.

franksinatra

I thought they only had a policy of employing slightly past it Radio 1 DJ’s.

I’d like Scott Mills to get the show. He is never going to get the Radio 1 breakfast show (except filling in for holidays and sickness). I think he is probably ready for Radio 2, question is are the listeners ready for him?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’d rather listen to the shipping forecast on a constant loop until madness sets in.  The only person worse than her is Alan Carr but that’s not a great achievement.

qwerty
    Free Member

Vassos was pretty good on air when Chris’s mum passed away.

jimster01

I thought they only had a policy of employing slightly past it Radio 1 DJ’s.

Zoe Ball is ex-Radio 1……

bikebouy
    Free Member

“ooohhhhhm Gary Davies, oooohhhh garry Davies”

He’s got his own show these days, and fits right in with the demographic…

franksinatra

I’d rather listen to the shipping forecast on a constant loop

That sounds bliss. I’d happily listen to that every day

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, Zoe Ball or the Bolton lass would both also be an improvement on bawbag evans.

restlessshawn
    Free Member

Great news!

Sara Cox please…or Scot Mills…or save Simon Mayo from that terrible Simon and Jo show and move him to the morning

So long as it’s not Lisa Tarbuck or Elaine Page I don’t see how anything can be worse than Evans

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

That sounds bliss. I’d happily listen to that every day

It might start out okay, but after listening to the same forecast for the 7,985th time it might just get a little boring!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It might start out okay, but after listening to the same forecast for the 7,985th time it might just get a little boring!

I have a mate who listens to the same recording of the SF from years back, every night, to get to sleep….

sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t really mind CE and I think he’s done a lot to improve R2 overall (TW was just old).

Sara Cox always seems to do a good job when she stands in although I’d be very happy with Simon Mayo as well …. and yes his current show is a mere shadow of what it was before now that Wiley is involved.

the00
    Free Member

If the option is the presenters mentioned above, I’ll be missing Chris.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sorry, do you mean LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZA ‘i’ve got a chip on my shoulder about people calling me Lisa’ Tarbuck.

Oh god no.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This lady has a good show on sunday evenings..

If I’m in the car I quite like listening to her..

footflaps

Sara Cox is good when CE goes on holiday, much less shouty for a start.

myopic
    Free Member

Sara Cox would get my vote.  Zoe Ball always sounds like a manic 12 year old after a case of Red Bull

sharkbait
    Free Member

Te only issue with SC is that she did the breakfast show on R1 and and it didn’t go well….. but now she’s older so probs better.

franksinatra

#Mark&LardBreakfast

tinybits
    Free Member

SC could be a good shout if only she’d stop reading out bloody emails / texts / tweets for 95% of the shows content!

I’m clearly in the minority in that I quite like Evans, he’s better than anyone else I’ve found in the morning, especially the new Absolute show.

Quite surprised to learn that Virgin Radio is still a thing though – I honestly thought it’d gone years ago!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tim Westwood.

Breakfast with the Big Dawg….Boooooooooy!

juanking

He’s a todger so good riddance.  Another SC ‘fan’ here, she always plays far better music and is much less me me me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So long as it’s not Lisa Tarbuck or Elaine Page I don’t see how anything can be worse than Evans

Your judgment needs fixing lest you get what you wished for. May i suggest you listen to Jeremy vine, or worse still, feltz standing in for vine.

matt_outandabout

But Steve Wright still remains…

Ah well, I will stay on R4 then.

Some folk you could never tire of slapping…

mahalo

good news indeed.

never happen but id like bob mortimer and paul whitehouse to get the job!

i want my presenters to take the piss out of no-mark guests and crap music on the corporate playlist , like mark and lard used to…

restlessshawn
    Free Member

“Your judgment needs fixing lest you get what you wished for. May i suggest you listen to Jeremy vine, or worse still, feltz standing in for vine.”

Oh god yeah good point!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m clearly in the minority in that I quite like Evans, he’s better than anyone else I’ve found in the morning, especially the new Absolute show.

He’s a condescending prick. Regularly chips in with titbits of why he’s ‘not here for the money’ which irks somewhat, considering the vast amount of our hardearned goes into his coffers via the license fee.

I’d like to have Alan Partridge and Dave Clifton doing the show.

jimdubleyou

In other news Evans is going to Virgin Radio, which I thought had turned into Absolute but it’s actually a thing on it’s own again.

You live & learn.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Finally… some good news.’ is closed to new replies.