Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Finally built up a playful hardtail!
  • daver89
    Free Member

I have always wanted to build a custom bike from personally selected parts. I dont have much of a disposable income to eat into, but i thought if i dont do it now, i probably never will.

To keep the costs down i sourced everything apart from the bars second hand with the help of a few of you on here. I lucked out with the condition these were in. Thank you.

Its been a long time coming, having the odd part arriving each week/month but it is finally complete, and honestly, i couldnt be happier. It rides like a dream. Super fast, immensely maneuverable both on ground and catching hang time. The best part is, despite a fairly jumpy, 4X geometry, with the 10spd gears i can ride it all day. It goes up just aswell as down. 😀

So what do you think? I have carefully selected the photos to be weed free, but no doubt will get picked up on something! 😆

xiphon
    Free Member

The image URLs are broken – you’ve got 12 more minutes to edit them

nigelb001
    Free Member

pics would be good 😉

daver89
    Free Member

Photo fail.

Give us a min…

neninja
    Free Member

Looks good

stevied
    Free Member

needs some bar plugs…

nigelb001
    Free Member

Thats better. Looks fun, nice looking frame :-). Trim those brake hoses. Plug the ends of those bars before you have a nasty accident.

fasthaggis

FFS trim those cables 🙂

Apart from that,very nice and clutter free.

Have fun

scotchegg
    Free Member

I really like it. I have a chameleon in similar guise.

What chain device is are you using?

Duane…
    Free Member

Looks ace. Get rid of that rear tractor tyre though, fit a fast rolling 2.1″ish tyre and have fun sliding around and getting up hills quicker!

daver89
    Free Member

Haha all contructive and fairly positve so far!

I have one plug on the other side, im still yet to look for the missing one that i suspect has popped off in the boot of my car when transporting.

The cables are definitely letting it down but i wanted to get out and ride rather than faf about re-bleeding. I’m impatient like that 😳

daver89
    Free Member

scotchegg – Its a Dartmoor Blade 🙂

scotchegg
    Free Member

Very nice looking device and at a reasonable price.

Kryton57

Nice, how much did it cost to build up?

kayak23

Your car park grass is looking a little parched and patchy.
    Really nice bike though, get some barplugs..
    🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Looking good, I think I was gonna get one of them but found a chameleon for cheap 🙂

daver89
    Free Member

Currently around 700, plus a bit of blood, sweat and tears. With a little helping hand from my LBS Slam69

Cheezpleez

That looks fun! Good work

AlexSimon

Surely the long-cable haters are forgetting that this rider might have the ability to tailwhip (or the desire to try).

legend
    Free Member

This is STW, you should probably explain what a tailwhip is

daver89
    Free Member

I like to call them TailToEpicFail’s….

alpin
    Free Member

front tyre fitted wrong way round…? flatter bars would be nice, too….

otherwise enjoy!

xiphon
    Free Member

Ooooo I like that. Great build!

rOcKeTdOg

Nice, apart from the 27.5 brigade will point out you waited so long to get it together your wheels are obsolete but just raise your digit to them and go ride

daver89
    Free Member

Will have to check the tyre, pretty sure it is the correct way but i might be wrong.

Bars i guess are a personal thing, risers generally suit my riding more so than flats.

Haha rOcKeTdOg. I’m in the ‘If it aint broke – dont fix it’ camp. Digit is firmly raised, high and proud.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Finally built up a playful hardtail!’ is closed to new replies.