Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Finale Ligure – Do you need a guide?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Looking at a long weekend in Autumn there – keen to get an uplift but do you need a guide or is it like FOD and similar where you can just book uplifts?

MRanger156
    Free Member

I’d get a guide. We went a few years ago and would have either been very lost or missed out on a lot of good riding if we didn’t have a guide.

steveh

If you book with finale freeride (the main uplift operator I’m aware of) you’ll get guiding included with uplift for your 45 euros a day.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers.

Genoa or Nice I assume are the closest airports?

michaelcycle
    Free Member

I run trips and guiding out there. All the shuttle services out there include guides. The bulk of the land used is private. Agreements are in place between landowners, authorities and CIPS (Comitato Independente Pulizia Sentieri), the guys who build and clean the trails, and money raised though the 45 Euros per day shuttle payment also goes towards CIPS. Without them there would be no trails to ride, simple.

People do however try and go it alone, run their own shuttles even and are basically sticking 2 fingers up to the volunteers that make the fantastic riding there possible. CIPS offer a 50 Euro sticker for your car that is valid for a year. I work with EZE Freeride when I do my trips, Enrico from EZE is the President of CIPS. We have seen groups of 10 riders turn up, ride all day, and refuse to cough up 5 euros each for a years pass… price of a beer.

Do you need a guide? IMHO Yes, it’s a labyrinth up there, nothing is sign posted and you are supporting the infrastructure there. I am running 2 weeks in October there around the EWS event and possible another week or 2 in June/July. http://www.rebbens.info has some basic information.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Michael cycle – totally with you and from what ive seen, heard and want to do I’d be a fool to not invest in a guide. Plus I have no issue in paying to ride. Just got back from south Africa where you have to pay to ride and the trails are the bollocks as a result

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Finale Ligure – Do you need a guide?’ is closed to new replies.