Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Filming on Holmburry Hill
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

So I was up on Holmburry Hill today and they are shooting a film up there called ‘Centurion’. The place was heaving – support crews, huge trailers, hundreds of cars etc and then to top it all off, hundreds of people running around the forrest dressed as either as Roman soldiers or Celtic warriors.

None of the trails were blocked off, just the main through routes, but filming will be going on until the 13th. Still, it was fun to watch.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well I thought it was interesting!

heihei

Apparently has the bond girl from quantum of solace in it. Russell Crowe filming a bit further west in Surrey at the moment (Puttenham).

brakes
    Free Member

it’s a film from the guy who made Dog Soldiers
    pffff

thomthumb
    Free Member

it’s a film from the guy who made Dog Soldier
    ACE

MrSmith
    Free Member

how is it ace? have you seen it yet? it could be shite.

andywhit
    Free Member

There was a film set being put together at Bourne Woods (nr Farnham, Surrey) when we biked through at the w/e. It’s a popular film location, opening scenes from Gladiator were filmed there.

The set looked like some kind of medieval fort so could be the same film as being shot at Holmbury.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sounds like they are filming something based on Simon Scarrow’s Centurion books. Cracking books.

xcstu
    Free Member

😉 my girlfriend is working at the Bourne Woods location nr Farnham…. Her office is on the edge of the woods … been meaning to visit with the bike! Ridley Scott film.. Russel Crowe playing Robin Hood! Building a medieval village and a castle… burning the village down for the movie 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Filming on Holmburry Hill’ is closed to new replies.