Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fibre flare
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Used for the first time in the rain the other day. Seems like it’s got water inside it. Not all that impressed with the seal. Shame as I really like the light it gives out. Anyone else had this issue? Tempted to fire off an email of annoyance, get my money back and get a holy hand-grenade.

Waderider
    Free Member

They are well known for this. Have you still got the instructions that come with it? Have a laugh, it mentions in there something like “may suffer water ingress, if so simply dry out”.

Fat lot of good that is if water ingress stops it working in use and/or flattens any batteries before you get to use them.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’ve not had any problems with mine but I take it off the bike and bring it in side with me as I swap it from bike to bike

wallop

Mine stopped working without water ingress. Got a refund off wiggle.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah. Well looking inside it it’s actually started to corrode around the battery terminals. Seriously unfit for purpose. First bit of rain we’ve had for months too. Cack. Email sent, hope for a refund.

FuzzyWuzzy

Odd, had mine ages and I even wash the bike with it on sometimes and it’s still fine. It doesn’t actually get used much but it stays on the bike when I’m out on wet daytime rides so it’s had it’s fair share of abuse over the last 18 months or so.

Bazz

Mine died due thick fog, seriously, it condensed on the light and dribbled into the battery compartment. It’s a shame because it is a good idea poorly executed.

crazy-legs

Mine has been fine. It lives on my backpack, quite low down so it’s had it’s fair share of rain and road spray. No problems at all.

zippykona

Mine has been fine for longer than I can remember. Its on my back pack and I have mudguards so that must help.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah, mine gave up fairly soon after purchase. I was rubbish and never demanded the refund I should have.

Rachel

stevie750

mine stops working when it a couple of degrees above freezing

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I emailed them and had no reply in over a week so refund looks unlikely.

Smart 1w it is then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fibre flare’ is closed to new replies.