Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fibre broadband slots no longer available in my area – quick Q…
  • the-muffin-man

Has anyone else experienced this.

Pre Crimbo all suppliers were saying fibre was available to me – now only Plus.Net are.

How long does it normally take to make more fibre slots available, or should I jump to plus.net straight away?

Ta!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Take it,you’d be hard pushed to do any better, most experiences with them are positive.

Happy to give you a referral 😉 (cheek, I get a discount for everyone I convince to sign up!)

trademark
    Free Member

Plusnet are good to deal with, I’m moving from their ADSL to fibre shortly.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Dollars to doughnuts plusnet just haven’t got up to date records and will still take just as long as the others.

matt_outandabout

Agreed.

We moved office to an area ‘with fibre’ – plusnet took our order, then called back to sat that BT records show the cabinet within 40metres of our building – but omit the fact that no-one is connected, and they have no intention of. It just means that BT can say this area is ‘served’ by fibre broadband.

The system is a joke – the cabinet and area in question is the innovation park at a university…. But BT make too much money on leased lines to the park to actually want to connect us.

The records just won’t be upto date, or BT will inform themselves (plusnet) of some issue or reason when the order goes in.

itlab
    Free Member

I agree with the captain. It’s likely Plusnet have either outbid date information or haven’t updated there systems to handle that open reach now give more information that just a yes or no to is your cab enabled.

I had a similar issue with my fttc install. You will need to wait till either the dslam in the green cap has its capacity upgraded or some one ceases their circuit.

If you place the order with the isp that you want open reach now operate a queueing system where your order can be put into a queue for up to I think 90 days for the next available port.

For mine it was scheduled for a capacity upgrade but in the end another use ceased there service so A port became free it took about 3 weeks.

itlab
    Free Member

It’s worth noting that if your order reaches 90 days in the queue with out a port becoming available it just gets canceled by open reach rather than that triggering anything helpfully by open reach

jeff

My local cabinet got filled up really quickly when if was installed. After a few months a second cabinet was installed so I assume everyone who was on the waiting list got connected.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh and thanks to the OP who reminded me to place my fibre order, 80 Meg (20 Meg up) on the 20th 😀

tomnavman
    Free Member

Plusnets service has dropped significantly over the last year or so, they just seem to be trading on their prior reputation at the moment.

Many threads on it over at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

the-muffin-man

Thanks all – just had a reply from Plusnet and there’s an Openreach waiting list, so it could be a good few months before additional slots are made available.

So if you are offered Fibre – take it and don’t dither like me!

I took it through my existing supplier Tim (TalkTalk – said through gritted teeth) as soon as I heard it was available in Darley Dale. It’s not been too bad to be fair (far better than the previous TT BB connection). Drops out and hangs/slows occasionally, but we get 36 meg and it seems fine for streaming anything we want to watch via Sky On Demand. It’s a fibre to exchange/nearest box then copper to house btw

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fibre broadband slots no longer available in my area – quick Q…’ is closed to new replies.