Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Feels so good (road content)…
  • dannybgoode

So, after 3 years of illness and having had an operation last year to cure me by means of disembowelment I got out on the road bike and actually managed a proper ride for the first time in 36 months.

OK, I’ve done the odd pootle on the mountain bike and the odd local journey on the fixed but have felt like I may die at any moment – no energy, no power in the legs etc.

Today was different – cracked off 20 miles and felt really good the whole way. Felt like I could keep the power on uphill and let rip down and reckon I could have managed another 10 or 20 miles had time permitted.

Having long ago forgotten how good it feels to be out in the countryside, wind in the hair today was a good day!

🙂

Cheers

Danny B

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good work 🙂

Mackem

Good lad.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for my day to come – I just have to keep telling myself “soon”!

metalheart
    Free Member

Having just done my first proper road rides of the year this weekend after a winter of sloth and gluttony I have an inklinging of how you must feel.

Congrats 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just managed a 70 mile club run for the first time in ages. Even managed to avoid getting dropped when the pace picked up at the end, OK I got dropped epically on the last little climb, but managed to sprint back to the group 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well done matey.

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Made my day your post…Fantastic !!

tonyd

Well done OP.

dannybgoode

Thanks all.

@chojin – here’s to a speedy recovery.

I never knew that disemboweling could have such a positive effect on ones health but it is the best thing I ever had done…

Cheers

Danny B

scaredypants

disembowelment

gah, weight weenies 🙄

(I managed 30 after a fathers day dinner without puking, so I’m very proud)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Feels so good (road content)…’ is closed to new replies.