• This topic has 26 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Feeling pretty low.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just need to scream into the cyber void…
    In my life I’ve buried my dad, my kid sister, my mum, my stepdad of 25 years. 3 weeks ago cancer took my best mate and now I’m heading to Weymouth to say goodbye to my dog and take her to the vets.

I’ve had enough.

Bregante

Bloody hell I’m not surprised you’re down. Try to keep your chin up mate. Feel free to vent on here.

bearnecessities

At least you’ve not got a flappy finger.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Death is the one certainty in life unfortunately. 🙁

garage-dweller

If you’ve been through all that and even remotely come close to holding it all together I think that says something quite positive about you.

I hope today is not too traumatic (been there a couple of times myself).

mattyfez

Keep your chin up, I lost my mum, my brother never really got over it and became a depressed druggy, my dad’s emigrated I feel low and alone sometimes..
    I know it’s a cliché but a nice solo long ride over bridalways and canals with a few cheeky pie /pint stops really is food for the soul for me.

Really clears the head.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Not much to say really Eddie, if I was down Weymouth way I would buy you a pint, keep striving mate !

Drac

Shite time. When there find a friend or family member you can have a chat with.

jamj1974

As Drac says – a shite time.

I’ve said it here before, grief is hard but it shows you what you have had and how much you have loved.

Hang in there dude.

jekkyl

carpe diem dude. Honour them by having a great life. 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

They are alive through you.

What jekkyl said ^^^

Sends a hug.

Bunnyhop

You’ve just taken a massive step by getting in touch with us.

There are some good bereavement charities to get in touch with, also Samaritans will listen to you.

They say time heals. You will never forget these wonderful people but they wouldn’t want you to feel like this.

bearnecessities

Guessing that you’re probably back from vets now – nowt useful to say I’m afraid, but hope you’re ok chap.

Cougar

I’ve had enough.

Don’t do anything daft or you’ll put someone close to you through the same crap.

Also, we need your subscription money.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

hang on in there

No right or wrong way to feel, so don’t feel bad about feeling bad, especially given what you’ve been through.

MoreCashThanDash

Talk to someone. Anyone. Samaritans, bereavement charity, mates, us idiots on the forum.

Talking to the GP when I have had problems has been amazingly helpful giving me some time and space to take stock.

chewkw
    Free Member

OP … don’t think too much just move on.

My aunt died last year at the beginning of the year.

My uncle died last Friday.

Both I/we loved dearly as we are all very close.

We felt a bit sad at the beginning but after a while they were only memory. We considered all lucky (departed and the living) because both death were quick and painless. We all acknowledged that they have good death.

In fact our family shed a tear or two but after that we all laughed and started to feel happy because both had done well in life by not committing sinful acts to harm others. Minor stupid acts yes but nothing serious as to harm others so they did well.

Bear in mind in our belief death is just the beginning of another journey. We always pray (not your concept of god) for a quick death if our time is up as we really want to leave this shite world having suffered so much. No peace of mind at all …

Death is a release from this Stooopid Zombie Maggot infested world.

As long as a person dies quick and fast in a peaceful way without suffering we consider the person as having a good death which should be proud of.

My uncle had a slight fall/stumble and within 24 he was gone. He was 77 I think.

My aunt had a fall too but in her room and knocked her head when she fell so died instantly. She was 72 I think.

gdm4

Hi mate, Im not surprised you’re feeling low that’s a lot of stuff to deal with. I’m not sure I’ve got any words to help except that if you want or need it there are lots of people out here who care enough to look out for you. There’s a bereavement counselling service called cruise I think that’s free to access.
    All the best mate.

neilthewheel

Have a good cry, virtual friend. It’s OK to be sad.

jamj1974

How are you doing OP?

J

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hi eddy…

My own losses started when I was 4 and Mum died from various nasty cancers and the like.

Over the years, relatives, friends, they’ve died in various ways, some horrendously, some less so. Car crashes, drug overdoses, suicides…

What can I tell you? I cope by occasionally remembering them, talking in my head to some of them (particularly my Sister who I’ve not seen since she was driven out of the home by my Father and Stepmother when I was just eight) and otherwise, if I’m feeling down about it, adopting Churchill’s tactic when dealing with his own “Black Dog” of just “buggering on” through it to the next oasis of relief.

On the upside, as the years wind on, the friends I have now (some old, some relatively new) become all the more precious, so it’s them I concentrate on, especially as some of us are now have fallen to discussing each other’s ailments like a trio of crumbling old gits and thinking about who’s going next!

I’m sure there’s therapy available if you look for it, but at least by posting on here you’re aware that you’re not alone.

Chin up, old man. 😉

Bunnyhop

eddiebaby – Keep in touch.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the supportive words and vibes. It helps a lot. The weekend went as badly as expected. I’m going to respond by riding my bike. A lot. I won’t be on here for a while, I am changing things around a bit. Before Rachel died she told me to buy a gopro and film myself doing stuff that I won’t be ashamed to show folk so I’m back off kitesurfing windsurfing and maybe paragliding and of course rolling down hills.
    Thanks again for the support.

anagallis_arvensis

No real advice from me. My father died when I was two, my brother almost 5 years ago, my stepdad last year, my uncle died this morning and my mum is have surgery for cancer tomorrow. Sometimes life sends you a lot of shit at once. Sometimes its great though, hang onto those times.

bearnecessities

Ok Eddie, enjoy your new regime fella and hope to see the occasional contribution from you in the future – you’re one of the good ones on here, and funny 🙂

Bregante

buy a gopro and film myself doing stuff that I won’t be ashamed to show folk

We expect to see a video montage later in the year then 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – glad to hear that you have a good plan going forward. 😀

If your last dog meant a lot to you, get another one! Of course it will never replace the one that you lost, but will have a character all its own. And train it to run with you on the bike. Of course, training it to kitesurf, windsurf, and paraglide may take a little while longer… 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Feeling pretty low.’ is closed to new replies.