Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Feckless parents. What to do about them?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Does someone need a little perspective (the adult version) or get a life (the F’book version)?

😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Its sensationalist & thats it.

Nothing more than political grist for the mill.

If you cant see that, then I pity you.

But the hand wringing lefties will use it as a rod to bash DC with.

When it comes to another politician that perhaps they are more favourable to I wonder if there attitude will be quite the same?

I DOUBT IT..

Try to separate an unfortunate incident from that which really needs worrying about.

Like, when is Summer ACTUALLY going to arrive??? (Surely thats more important – Im losing my razor sharp cycling tan lines for gawds sake!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think that clearly, anyone without children will possibly be shocked by this little mishap…I mean, how could you forget your child like that…I’d be miffed if I forgot my sunglasses in the pub…but another human??!!??

Whereas, anyone with children understands that the sheer hell of it all means that some days, you’re all just lucky to make it through the day alive, let alone with the slight oversight of forgetting one’s precious in the pub for an hour or so.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – lefties have a little chuckle at CMD for being in an embarrassing situation. Tory apologists start foaming at the mouth and attempting to divert the conversation away from laughing at Cameron with a series of snide attacks on politicians not involved in this and anyone who dares laugh at their hero.

Lost your sense of humour guys? The rest of us haven’t.

Methinks the gentlemen protest to much. Whats wrong with laughing at a politician who does something embarrassing?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So – lefties have a little chuckle at CMD for being in an embarrassing situation. Tory apologists start foaming at the mouth and attempting to divert the conversation away from laughing at Cameron with a series of snide attacks on politicians not involved in this and anyone who dares laugh at their hero.

Hes hardly my hero & I agree not knowing where your child is terribly horrific (& it does sadly cast doubts on the parents whether its deserved or not).

BUT if some of you cant see how you are using this as nothing else than a chance to bash DC..

Well, Ill walk away from this conversation now…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

alternatively – everyone has a little giggle at CMD, err that’s it?

Or is it a case of little things please…..?

dogbert
    Free Member

Completely non-news, another “look, look, the tories are shit” thread.

I once drove away from a petrol station thinking my wife had paid, when she thought i had paid, weirdly it never made the Guardian.

DezB
    Free Member

Whats wrong with laughing at a politician who does something embarrassing?

Odd that people would do anything else.

grum
    Free Member

But the hand wringing lefties will use it as a rod to bash DC with.

They will? Give us an example then.

Hand-wringing lefties like the Daily Star and Telegraph you mean?

I despise DC and his government but I think this story has no relevance to anything either.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

weirdly it never made the Guardian.

Because you’re a nobody. 😉

deluded
    Free Member

Hell on toast – the Guardian in supercilious sh*tmongery shocker.

It will no doubt give the high-pitched, snarling lip curlers something to effervesce over.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It will do doubt give the high-pitched, snarling lip curlers something to effervesce over.

That reads like a snarling, lip-curling, high pitched post to me; supercilious with the anger contained therein. You need to chill out and have a laugh about it like the rest of us lefties.

I shall heartily laugh at Cameron for this…clearly a broken family, in broken Britain. It’s about time we did something about this.

grum
    Free Member

It’s in all the papers. I think it originated in the Sun. 🙄

Don’t let that stop your bizarre rantings though. ‘High-pitched, snarling lip curlers’? 😕

It’s weird how defensive people are getting about this story, which has been reported in a fairly neutral fashion, and which no-one is suggesting has any real importance. Strange.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

They will? Give us an example then.

You only have to look at some of the responses on this thread..

Scamper
    Free Member

Considering they have gone through something no parent should have to, i’m not surprised if they were distraught about this, and i can find more appropriate things to have a pop at Cameron about.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Reading the thread, it seems it’s the right-wingers that are more angry (at the last count).

grum
    Free Member

You only have to look at some of the responses on this thread..

Like what? Where has anyone suggested this is anything other than a silly mistake that has no real importance?

If Gordon Brown had done it there would have already been several mentions of him being ‘one-eyed’ and probably people **** on about how he sold off the gold reserves too cheaply yet again. 😛

deluded
    Free Member

😀

Ahhhh – I’m just bored before going off to work this alvo. Thought I’d wade in with something OTT – like everybody else on this forum.

Lashings of apologies.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Typical OTT Bizzie…off to beat up some innocents then?

(I’m staying in today if you’re that angry) 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I can’t see Cameron lasting much longer.

True but who else would you have?

The list of alternates is deeply depressing..

They all seem more interested in pathetic point scoring than dealing with the actual problems in the UK – which are too many & complex for me to start on here..(plus I dont really understand half of them 😕 )

Anyway Im off to drink some coffee & do some work so I can sneak out to watch a load of over-paid yobs kick a pigs bladder around a field vs a load of cheese-eating surrender monkeys (& lose badly no doubt).

Ciao.

edit

Like what? Where has anyone suggested this is anything other than a silly mistake that has no real importance?

Read between the lines Grum – I can here some of them sniggering happily from here.. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s also a bit rubbish at keeping an eye/lock on his bikes….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lols @ CFH

and knowing how to use a bicycle helmet properly

I mean – everyone knows it should be on your elbow surely

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mrlebowski
    Read between the lines Grum – I can here some of them sniggering happily from here.

thats right – we are laughing at him

grum
    Free Member

Read between the lines Grum

Ah you mean invent things that you’ve imagined people have said, rather than respond to what they’ve actually said. Good plan. 😉

deluded
    Free Member

DD – 😀 staying in won’t help you. It’s not stopped me before 8)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s not yawning. That’s a right-winger’s child wailing after being forgotten in a pub.

Junkyard
    Free Member

^^^^Superb 😀

I mean – everyone knows it should be on your elbow surely

Which you then smash in to the would be muggers face in a self defencce premeptive attack ?

GrahamS

Love that pic TJ.

It’s the overly contrived “relaxed casual look” as he pretends not to notice the photo op. 😀

Boris does it much better:

grum
    Free Member

That’s not yawning. That’s a right-winger’s child wailing after being forgotten in a pub.

Yet more evidence (if any were needed) of broken Britain.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

And I thought there was a call for politicians to be more normal – God forbid, they ever err in their private lives!! And the balance (sic) Blair’s son has a few after exams – wow, what a shocker!

You should have followed the story more closely teamhurtmore, instead of being so dismissive. If you had, then you would know that Blair’s son lied to the police when asked for his name and address.

Which was a poor reflection of how he had been brought up by his father. And of particular interest since at that time his father was engaged in a political campaign which demanded greater parental responsibility.

And it came after the story concerning Cherie Blair’s pregnancy, in which her husband bizarrely announced that it had come as a complete surprise to them and they weren’t quite sure how it had happened. Which was very strange coming from a man who had lectured about the importance of greater responsibility from single/unmarried mothers.

Of course it should come as no surprise that Blair’s son was brought up to believe it’s ok to lie to the police if it gets you out of a sticky situation, after all, his father was very happy to lie to the British people, the UN, the whole world, in pursuit of his own agenda, well George Bush’s agenda to be more precise. Still a worthwhile story though imo.

tonyd

anyone with children understands that the sheer hell of it all means that some days, you’re all just lucky to make it through the day alive, let alone with the slight oversight of forgetting one’s precious in the pub for an hour or so.

^^^^ This!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I stand corrected E-L, but maintain that the world has much bigger issues than both stories. I will stand on my hobby horse when I am sure that my children have never told a porky pie to either get themselves out of a fix or to avoid embarassing their parents. In the meantime, I will happily dismiss these stories with a short term giggle, a little bit of sympathy but with long term indifference if you don’t mind. 😉

[plus Nadal vs Djok is on now!]

loum
    Free Member

From today’s Telegraph

loum
    Free Member

Leaving child in pub ‘right for Britain’ says Cameron

DAVID Cameron has insisted that leaving his nine year-old daughter in a pub is the sort of tough decision that will rescue Britain from recession.
    The abandoned girl was identified by her unusual blocky face
    The prime minister left Nancy in a pub near Chequers after the move was agreed during a conference call with chancellor George Osborne and Nick Clegg, the self-­styled ‘deputy prime minister’.
    Mr Cameron then used an iPhone app about fancy handbags to distract his wife Samantha while special branch bodyguards hustled everyone except Nancy into a big car and sped off.
    A Downing Street source said: “When Samantha realised Nancy was missing she went straight into David’s study and told him to go and get her.
    “She was standing over his desk shouting ‘Right. ****. Now’.
    “But he just shook his head and said that while it was a painful decision he could only go and get her when market confidence had been restored.”
    The source added: “Samantha kept saying ‘what if something happens to her?’ but David said that George Osborne had looked into it and assured him there was no reason to believe that anything bad would happen to a child left alone in a pub.”
    A Treasury spokesman added: “Britain is a safe haven.”

Leaving child in pub ‘right for Britain’ says Cameron

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Another classic Matt today!!

MSP

The daily mash is just getting worse every day.

zokes
    Free Member

Yet more evidence (if any were needed) of broken Britain.

I thought someone had promised to do something about this….

Oh.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Feckless parents. What to do about them?’ is closed to new replies.