Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Favourite fizzy pop
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a real hankering for a can of ginger beer. What’s everyone else’s fizzy pop of choice?

alexpalacefan

Root Beer. Too expensive this side of the pond:-(
    APF

DickBarton

Irn Bru – very cold and before they changed the recipe!

tomhoward

Canadian Mountain Dew (due to laws about clear caffeinated drinks there the recipe is different to here, and the US)

twonks

Mine used to be Fanta or Dr Pepper.

Don’t like many fizzy pops now they have loaded them with sweeteners instead of sugar.

Coca-Cola full fat is now probably the only one I can drink that doesn’t leave a rotten sweetener aftertaste.

Can understand the need not to drink 14 litres of sugary drinks a day, but pushing everything to contain sweeteners to make them ‘better’ is rather annoying 🙁

unclezaskar
    Free Member

Cresta orange, or lemon & lime…(ohh to be a 10 year old again in the mid-70’s..)

funkmasterp

Ginger or Root beer here

boombang
    Free Member

Vimto, still or fizzy.

avdave2

Very rarely drink any these days but it would have to be dandelion and burdock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque 2000, or Hattingley or perhaps a Coates & Seely. #DrinkLocal 😎

That aside, either ginger beer or Orangina.

simondbarnes

Coke.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Lemon Fanta, it’s an occasional treat for me though and always tastes better on holiday.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Marsh’s sass. You’ll never know the joy, sadly see the link below, basically the secret ingredient stopped being made 😭
    https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mystery+that+threatens+cult+soft+drink.-a060206032

Top deck lager and lime, Jamaica ginger beer.

krixmeister

Diet Dr Pepper or Diet A&W root beer. Unfortunately can’t find either in the UK, so must load up in the US.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Quatro or Lilt

thestabiliser
    Free Member

ooooh, a quattro and a bag of fish and chips (the baked snack version) from the the vending machine at the swimming baths, pure nostalgic bliss…..

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

a bag of fish and chips (the baked snack version) from the the vending machine at the swimming baths

I think there must have been a harmonious balance on the palate of these mixed with chlorine and teenage hormones.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Diet coke, has to be fridge cold.

Klunk
    Free Member

Pol Roger

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Diet

Whaaat? Are you serious? Full fat for crying out loud.

Houns

Depends on mood. Sometimes only an ice cold full fat coke will hit the spot. If I’m feeling ropey then a sprite (but can taste the artificial sweetener) or a ginger beer. Other than that lemon Sanpellegrino

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Can understand the need not to drink 14 litres of sugary drinks a day, but pushing everything to contain sweeteners to make them ‘better’ is rather annoying 🙁

Amen. Quite frustrated at not being able to get ‘made of sugar’ varieties, or being served up sweetners. Ribena, Sprite, the can of Old Jamaica Ginger Beer I got served the other day when I was looking forward to taking the edge off a mild hangover.

I can probably count on one hand the cans of fizzy drink I have in a year, but when I have one, I want it to ruin my endocrine system.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Used to be Dandelion and Burdock or Vimto.

Then…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

There can only be one…..

nuke

Pepsi Max Cherry 🍒

MoreCashThanDash

Pepsi Max or San Pellegrino lemonade

beej

Diet Dr Pepper or Diet A&W root beer. Unfortunately can’t find either in the UK, so must load up in the US.

We have Diet Dr Pepper provided in our fridges at work, so it must be available somewhere.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, like I know all about their past… their current raping of the countryside in South America, the litter, the abysmal human rights for their workers and the corruption..

But a very cold bottle of this is simply sublime… full fat, and only from a bottle..

twonks

Wonder if different people have different reactions to diet / sugar free things. Sugar free anything, invariably with saccharin or aspartame (iirc) tastes downright nasty to me.

Aside from the horrible aftertaste, they don’t taste nice either.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Cresta Creme Soda. It’s frothy man. Or not in the 80’s SAN Pellegrino lemon

beej

An ice cold coke (from a glass bottle or can, not plastic) on top of a mountain pass on a hot day is sublime.

Sucralose gives me violent bottom issues.

anagallis_arvensis

Council pop

maccruiskeen

ooooh, a quattro and a bag of fish and chips (the baked snack version) from the the vending machine at the swimming baths, pure nostalgic bliss…

Dr Pepper from the swimming pool vending machine in Parr around 1985. The drop was just right for 2/3rds of the can to hit the foyer ceiling when you opened it

vongassit
    Free Member

singlespeedstu

Nothing beats a can of cold coke after a ride where you’ve run out of water and the will to live.
    Well nothing apart from the huge buuuuurp after you’ve downed it in one straight out of the can.

Anything else is just fannying around or pretending to be posh.

stevie750

Blood orange San Pellegrino

lunge

A Bollinger Grande Annee always goes down well.

But assuming soft drinks, proper Coke from a glass bottle over ice. I drink it very rarely but it’s a treat when I o.
    Honourable mention to Orangina too, a throwback to holiday as a kid in France.

singlespeedstu

A Bollinger Grande Annee always goes down well.

see the last bit of my post above. 😉

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Full-fat high fructose corn syrup A&W Root Beer (as imported and sold by my local garden centre – they have diet, and proper American cherry vanilla Dr Pepper as well for anyone that wants..)

slowoldman

Votes here for dandelion and burdock and orangina.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Favourite fizzy pop’ is closed to new replies.