Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Favourite book from your childhood? (proper childhood, not teenage years!)
  • bigrich
    mildred

1) Danny Champion of the World
    2) The Ring O’ Bells Mystery
    3) The Hobbit

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

Come on guys nobody’s mentioned the best
    Yet ……. Rumplestiltskin of course !!!!!!!

muggomagic

I remember watching Rik Mayall read George’s Marvellous Medicine on Jackanory when I was a kid. He was brilliant and so is the book.

[video]http://youtu.be/oMFY8g56ZCg[/video]

MSP

Do you mean The Weathermonger (1968), Heartsease (1969) and The Devil’s Children (1970)by Peter Dickinson? I had those – really enjoyed them. Televised as The Changes.

Yeah that’s it, the weathermonger I remember really enjoying it, but can’t properly remember the story.

ononeorange

Eagle of the ninth. Still a favourite which I re-read every few years.

WildHunter2009

Lot of the same, Hobbit, Famous Five and Adventure Series, the Willard Price books, Anne Mcaffrey Dragon Series, Stig of the Dump (Amazing book), Watership Down, and very much Alan Garner, the Wierdstone and Moon Of Gomrath sparked a fascination with celtic mythology and british folklore that still endures.

WildHunter2009

Also Gerald Durrel, My family and other animals. I think my parents must have hated those books because they where responsible for a lot of spiders and slow worms finding there way into the house.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Favourite book from your childhood? (proper childhood, not teenage years!)’ is closed to new replies.