Home Forums Chat Forum Favourite board game of all time?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Favourite board game of all time?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My youngest sister memorised all the answers to our Trivial Persuits game and she always cheated at Monopoly, infact, she generally cheated at most board games.

My favourites were:
    Mouse Trap
    Escape from Colditz
    Cludo

Northwind

Blood Bowl. Still can't be beat. Doesn't matter which edition, they're all great. I've not played for years but I might just get this new computer game…

Other than that, the drunken family Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit games at christmas. When my brother's finally jailed, it'll be because he killed one of us after we got an easy question for a cheese.

Kimbers: "fwiw mine is battletech though thats straying a bit into the RPG world"

See,the problem I had with Battletech, right… I love the background. I love the computer games. i loved played the collectable card game (I was UK champion once, nearly got a trip to the US out of that). And I even liked the clix game, though it was for kids. And I've got most of the novels, even the really realy bloody rare ones from the dawn of time (actually, I should sell those). And I even have some of the figs, and loads of tech readouts, map sets etc. But the board game is absolutely, heroically s**t. IMO ;)

NZCol

I love trivial pursuits but we're a bit fckd in our house now because
    1) The NZ edition is full of questions on things we didn;t grow up with or know about
    2) The UK versions are all of things we don't know about
    Our copy asks questions about the USSR its that old !

fennesz
    Free Member

Space Hulk for me. New edition came out a couple of weeks ago.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A new edition? I'm still running on the very first, plus Deathwing. Sterling stuff. I'll have a look at the new one.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Admirals, Risk and Diplomacy are all great.

A couple of years ago in a wave of nostalgia I bought Escape from Colditz on ebay for about £40 – played it once, put it in the loft. Good game, just needs too many players.

Once bought an Avalon Hill game called Mystic Realm – spent about a week sorting out all the pieces and reading the rules, but have never found anyone else with two weeks to spare in prep time before playing – so also in the loft.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Also have a game called Class Struggle, in which the workers have to defeat the bosses and bring about a glorious revolution. The palest skinned male player goes first!

MrAgreeable

Kill Doctor Lucky is good. It's Cluedo in reverse. You move your playing piece round a mansion trying to get into a room with the Doctor, and if none of the other players have a line of sight to you you can try to kill him using a variety of weapons that include a monkey's hand, pinking shears and some spoiled cream.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

kill doctor lucky sounds good!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Favourite board game of all time?’ is closed to new replies.