• This topic has 24 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Fat Bikes give you Ebola. FACT*
  • Houns

From here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29836550

* in case you’re American…. No they do not you Moran

molgrips
    Free Member

Looks to me like having your riser bars at the wrong angle is more to blame.

wwaswas

she needs to rotate her bars forward a bit.

[edit] too late by 1 second. 1 second! 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No they do not you Moran

Obvious typo is obvious.

IanMunro
    Free Member

she needs to rotate her bars forward a bit.

Just saw her on the news. Looks like Jones bars or similar.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What was she thinking? Now all the nichemongers are going to want Ebola.

andyl
    Free Member

and this is how it begins…oh well

kayla1
    Free Member

‘Merkins, pfft.

chip
    Free Member

I think she is taking the piss.

When dealing with something dangerous such as using a firearm, operating dangerous machinery, or dealing with a potential outbreak of a leathal virus, you put several safe handling protocols in place to stop the shit hitting the fan.

That way if one or two or three are breached by accident or by ineptitude there will be another three or four in place.
    If she has not got Ebola, that’s good it means the previous measures that have been put in place to protect her getting ebola have worked and the worst that can happen is she has to stay quarantined for 21 days unnecessarily, big deal.

If she has got Ebola and she does not stay quarantined, what is the worst that can happen.
    And it is not just about her, there are hundreds of good people out in Africa trying to help beat Ebola and can only hope they don’t pay dearly for doing so but why take unesasary risks that could end in dire consequences for the sake of three weeks.

rickmeister

Agree with Chip.

If your happy enough to volunteer and step into the hot zone and work to deal with the Ebola challenge, whats the problem with spending 21 days to chill out after it all ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“she has no symptoms and has tested negative for Ebola”

Not having Ebola seems a good reason for not placing her in isolation.

devs
    Free Member

I’ve already started getting stomach krampus. :waggle:

doh
    Free Member

She tested negative for Ebola and has no symptoms.
    It can only generally be passed on when you are in the stages where you have symptoms, she isn’t showing any symptoms. And just to say again she tested negative.

Thought it was quite interesting, it doesn’t look like the powers at be can or will enforce a quarantine. What happens if someone that actually poses a risk does a runner.

Hope she had a nice bike ride in the sun.

chip
    Free Member

It’s not about her.
    If she suddenly gets a cob on and starts shaking before falling off her bike and shitting her self, it probably won’t start an outbreak because there will be several camera crews there who would have been following her about for 3 weeks to see if that very thing happens.

But if it becomes standard practice it might happen to another brave soul in a situation less conducive to controlling an outbreak. And if you do become ill you for yourself would want to be in a situation where you could be treated as quickly as possible.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), America’s chief public health agency, merely recommends daily monitoring of returned health workers, rather than enforced isolation.”

So America’s chief public health agency, which you would assume has access to expert advice, doesn’t support enforced isolation.

However Maine’s governor, a politician, does.

This looks like a case of a politician with an eye on future elections responding to possible public hysteria rather than expert medical advice.

JoeG
    Free Member

Hey! I’m ‘Merican, and I have a fatbike! 😡

So what does that mean? 🙂

rickmeister

“Ebola thrives on fear,” Ms Power said. (US Ambassador to the UN)

So if your brave, you dont get infected ?

wwaswas

Parents want teacher to be quarantined because she is going to Rwanda.

http://germgirl.tumblr.com/post/101345337848/today-in-ebolanoia-ok-teacher-must-self-quarantine

I suspect she’ll test negative on her return but you can’t be too careful because geography’s not the sort of thing you should apply scientific rigour and principles to and decide there’s no risk.

chip
    Free Member

It seems that the situation has got as bad as it has now because of it not being taken as seriously as it should have been to start with then staff in first world hospitals caught it despite doing everything right apparently and then one got on a plane.

How many times do you here after the fact in hindsight we should have done more.

This would be the final step in a long line of many put in place to prevent the transfer of Ebola from an effected man in Sierra Leone to the woman behind the counter in greggs in Luton. And as the final step I expect and hope it to never be the one that actually makes the difference as that would mean so many before had failed.

wwaswas

then staff in first world hospitals caught it despite doing everything right

actually, they one sin the US had been treating the bloke who had it before he admitted he’d come from an Ebola affected zone so hadn’t been taking any precautions. One might reasonably argue that the response from the hospital and other authorities once it became apparent what had happened was inadequate as they actually told the woman it was alright to fly home after she first exhibited symptoms.

None of those treating him post him admitting the truth became ill as they took appropriate precautions.

seosamh77
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Looks to me like having your riser bars at the wrong angle is more to blame.

haha, I just about to post they are doing nothing for her stability on that bike! 😆

brant
    Free Member

Pretty sure they are Groovy Cycleworks Love Handles.

ononeorange

Saddle seems a bit low too

lemonysam
    Free Member

deal with the Ebola challenge

is this one of those facebook viral things?

kcal

Risk of catching Ebola – moderate. Risk of some of those news crews knocking each other over and hurting themselves – high!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bikes give you Ebola. FACT*’ is closed to new replies.