• This topic has 35 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • fasting…anyone do it?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

im having an experiment today with it…had a meal last night and wont eat again till 8 tonite. just drinking water/coffee.so far ive been focussing slower when reading/feel hungry but thats it..

read somewhere about a fit athlete type who did it once a week and it really helped with weight loss etc

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve just eaten a beef-madras pasty, does that help?

binners

Ask yourself: Have you ever seen a fat Muslim during Ramadan?

soma_rich
    Free Member

oooh fasting I totally misread that!

unklehomered
    Free Member

There was a panorama or some such on it recently, advised way from there was small High protein breakfast, no lunch, fish and heavy on the veg for tea, and just do it 2 days a week.

I’m considering it. I’m a very hungry guy so would really need mental commitment to stick to that.

fasthaggis

I have done it for years.
    Is it now,all new and trendy?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Horizon – Eat, Fast and Live Longer

Not yet watched it myself but was supposed to be quite interesting. From what I gather the general gist was, eat 600cal every other day and eat what you like in-between, then watch the weight fall off.

tails
    Free Member

I tried it once lost 4 pounds in one day!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yes.. doing it at the moment (inadvertently) Got food poisoning on tuesday and haven’t eaten since! not nice

tang
    Free Member

Yup 2 times a month. Always feel better after a fast.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, all the time. Not on purpose though. I’ll get up, never have breakfast at home on a work day anyway, cycle into work, work, before I know it I’ve worked all day and it’s time to go home, cycle home. Have tea about 6 or 7.

As I say, it’s a reasonably common experience for me, don’t notice it most of the time. I’ve never noticed any weight loss or any other related issues but then I don’t really care about my weight for the most part (I’m coincidentally fairly skinny because I cycle a lot).

IHN

How much in actual food terms is 600cal?

BoardinBob

How much in actual food terms is 600cal?

6 eggs

fasthaggis

eat 600cal every other day and eat what you like in-between, then watch the weight fall off.

IHN

If I ate 6 eggs on my fasting day, it’d have to be prune vindaloo on my eating day 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

binners – Member

Several

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

i spose were predisposed to doing it as our distant ancestors would have had to do it..didn david blaine do it for a month? my typing has gone all to pot

zbonty

The words ‘prune vindaloo’ i like. No idea why.

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah, but I break mine every morning.

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, but I break mine every morning.

I was just about to post. If you sleep through the night, then you are fasting anyway.
    🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Get help with your self-loathing issues.

xcgb
    Free Member

oooh fasting I totally misread that!

But you still clicked on the thread! 🙂 😯

Taff
    Free Member

I would collapse if I did that. I eat 4-5 times a day and hate missing food

tomhoward

tails,

You tried looking down the back of the sofa? I found a fiver there once.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

not feeling to awful really…im a bit like you taff,i have to eat..ive got a fair a bit fitter over the last couple of months and my metabolism has really ramped up which is good.

i may slump a bit at 4..

Solo
    Free Member

You tried looking down the back of the sofa? I found a fiver there once

I hope you gave it back to him.

Solo
    Free Member

not feeling to awful really…im a bit like you taff,i have to eat..ive got a fair a bit fitter over the last couple of months and my metabolism has really ramped up which is good.

i may slump a bit at 4..

You should still survive though.

When is nosh O’clock ?.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I did it for a week once

Wouldnt advise it but the other option wasnt any better – ukrainian offshore food is dire…( and im not a fussy eater but when an uncooked potato is so rotten that when it falls to the floor and explodes that says it all really. )

Thankfully i had little more to do than get up to pee.

Got the most horrendous cold/flu for about 3 weeks after it!

If you really want to loose weight fast try giardia – lost a stone and half in 3 weeks – doctors had no clue what was wrong till i paid for private at a different clinic.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Works. Two of the team here have done it and lost pounds in the last couple of weeks. There is medical research to substantiate it, unlike mot other diet regimes. It follows our natural eating patterns.

mogrim

A lot of them put on weight during Ramadan, so yes. Lots.

zilog6128

I fast most days for about 16 hours (but without reducing calorie consumption). I found myself eating like this quite by chance but there is (of course) the obligatory lifestyle built around this eating pattern (http://www.leangains.com – complete with all the science you can shake a stick at).

As an aside, the “hunger pains” that most people experience (i.e. when someone says “I’m starving” and they’re not literally starving) is more likely your body craving carbohydrate due to your sugar addiction. Since cutting most of the crap from my diet I never get hunger pains nowadays, even when I’m really hungry!

alex222
    Free Member

Ask yourself: Have you ever seen a fat Muslim during Ramadan

Muslims generally put weight on during Ramadan. TS

eyerideit
    Free Member

binners – Member

You obviously don’t get out much there are loads of fat muslims, they fast but are still fat.

As above your body holds onto food when you starve yourself so you do get fatter.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

yep i had very quick weightloss after getting campileabactor(spelt wrong im sure) about 2 stone dropped off me in spain..the uncontrollable toiletting was troublesome on the flight home…

Keva
    Free Member

I fast everyday, between meals. I’m hungry but I’m not going to eat, surely it’s the same?

Aidy
    Free Member

read somewhere about a fit athlete type who did it once a week and it really helped with weight loss etc

Hmm, I’m unconvinced.
    “Fit athlete types” aren’t those who tend to be concerned with weight loss.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘fasting…anyone do it?’ is closed to new replies.