Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Fashion sense……or lack of,
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    you can’t beat wearing a nice suit to something where everyone else thinks they made an effort by wearing a polo shirt and there best jeans….

Depends on the occasion doesn’t? It can look good, can make you look like a pretentious prick. Some times it matters, other time it doesn’t and you’re the only one who cares.

CountZero

Sat here wearing a pair of Danish M95 flektarn combats, cos they’re comfy, especially at work, cheap, got lots of pockets and don’t show dirt too much, and a Joy Formidable tee I bought at their gig last week. Bought a Dinosaur Jr one last night, too. My jeans are mostly Uniqlo, Howies, and a couple of pairs of Oakley ones picked up in a sale. My DC Shoes hoodie is in the other room. I wear desert combat boots, assorted fleeces, tees, a USAF Nomex flying jacket, a Belstaff Trialmaster, leather bike jacket…
    Just about everything I wear is because I like the colour, the comfort and the fit. Fashion bypasses me completely.
    Currently sporting at rainy times a Goretex USAF digital tiger-stripe jacket, which is light, comfy, and keeps the wind and rain out, and isn’t blue or some other mass-market colour.
    And it was cheap, for brand new Goretex, too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I is hipster chic, int I.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

These days I tend to judge the worthiness of a new shirt or jacket on the basis of how many pockets it has. I also only own two pairs of smart shoes, one in brown, the other in black. The rest of the time I wear a battered pair of trekking shoes.

I think it is fair to say fashion has passed me by. Well, it probably ran for the hills when it saw me coming 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

fashion? more anti-fashion when I was under 25, but that was over 20 years ago. I’m sure most of you have seen the photo so I won’t share that again.

nowadays, for work, a long-sleeved shirt in whatever colour comes out of the wardrobe next (sleeves rolled up usually), “charcoal” or black suit trousers and black brogues. at home I just wear what’s comfortable. right now, plain black hoody, black t-shirt with a printed design, black jeans, black socks and black skate shoes. none of it branded. nearest I get to branded is black canvas Wrangler jeans.

and no I’m not Johnny Cash 😉

cinnamon_girl

Is it OK to admit to scaring dog owners when I talk to their dog, when out riding obviously.

Dogs come up to me but the owners seem to be straining at the leash. 😯

I made a lovely friend today – a St. Bernard puppy. His owner was desperate to get away!

I can only think it’s due to my odd clothing. 😆

yoshimi

As others have said, as you get older its about style not fashion – it’s all about correct fit, those jeans binned described are awful at any age

martinxyz
    Free Member

I’m picturing a jester in spd’s. Maybe they have the same attitude as the fellow on the other thread when the oldies let it hang out in the changing rooms. ‘Fechin mountain bikers.. why do they stop and speak to me?.. If I left the dog at home they wouldn’t stop!’

SaxonRider

It totally depends on what is meant by fashion in the OP’s question.

The image Binners cites, above, is truly hideous; but that can not possibly be considered fashion. Trendy, yes. Not fashion.

In any case, I agree with whoever said on this thread that being ‘well-turned out’ is underrated. Just think of those characters on Mad Men, or Connery’s Bond, or pretty anyone else from the 1960s, and consider how they were ready for action but really damn smart-looking, and then convince us that it’s somehow incompatible with being an active, modern man.

labsey
    Free Member

Style is timeless, fashion is fickle. You can look smart and fashionable without dressing like a boyband.

Edit – just read the OP again. Yes I care more about fashion than I did when I was younger. I still draw the line at baggy jeans and there is no such thing as a smart t-shirt but I’m in my late 20s and can’t be dressing like I’m 15.

bernard
    Free Member

Nope don’t do fashion, in winter I wear combats (currently cord combats from asda, I have 3 pairs the same) t shirt and a hoody. In summer I replace the combats for combat shorts (I like pockets)

bernard
    Free Member

emsz
    Free Member

Lolin at everyone saying I’m not fashionable and then listing the fashionable clothes they wear. Countzero you’re the worst, what you’ve said? That’s a fashion statement my lovely.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

If you think about the fashion industry theres a roomfull of coke-addled bellends designing what they think everybody should like the following year , based on what ?
    If you look at the stick thin waif girls of sixties fashion is it any accident that they all look like teenage boys and most of the designers of the time were gay dudes ?

ton

my mrs and daughter tell me that i am smart/casual rather than fashionable.
    tidy jeans, good shoes/boots and a nice shirt/jumper kinda bloke.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m wearing some US department store jeans (which I quite like), a plain beige technical T shirt, duofold I think, and a waterproof. Is that a fashion statement?

Possibly. Even wearing unfashionable clothes is a statement, isn’t it? The only way not to make a statement is to wear what most other people are wearing I suppose.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Fashion sense……or lack of,’ is closed to new replies.