Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Farmer John's MTB Park
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hi, i’m taking a day off work next week to get out on the bike and looking for somewhere interesting and new. Has anyone tried Farmer John’s MTB Park? Is is any good and worth a visit? is it large enough to fill a day?

Cheers.

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s very much a “push up and session” park, due to it’s compact size.

Been there several times, on quiet days and popular race weekends too.

ekul
    Free Member

Definately worth a visit but as said above, its more of a place to go and session the runs/features (of which there are some really good ones). I’ve never been for more than a couple of hours really but thats because I usually go on my own so get bored quicker, with a bit of company it might be easier to spend a day there racing each other etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s all this ‘session’ nonsense..?

In my days we used to just ‘ride’ stuff..

Bunnyhop

Yes it’s good.
    However if you can’t fill the whole day, why not visit the nearby Roman Lakes in Marple. Lots of natural trails.
    Free parking,toilets and tea room. Trail maps £1 from the kiosk attatched to the tea room.

nigew
    Free Member

I have been over with my DH bike a few times, arrived about 10.30 and went about 4ish, is that a full day? 😉
    It’s good fun and there are a few more runs now.
    What type of bike are you thinking of taking?

phunkmaster
    Free Member

What’s all this ‘session’ nonsense..?

On your penny farthing? Chillax fam, it’s just a word, innit, and implies a certain level of lackadaisical larrikining about.

It’s worth a visit in my opinion.

ampthill

The fact that we didn’t have a word for ridding the same stuff several times isn’t really that big a deal

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks guys, sounds a bit like a bigger and better? version of Stile Cop at Cannock or Drum Hill (Morley Woods) at Coxbench which are regular haunts of mine. I like a bit of sessioning as I really feel my skills improve by picking on a short section of track with a particular feature and practicing it.

NigeW – 10:30 to 16:00 is a full day in my book!

xiphon
    Free Member

arrived about 10.30 and went about 4ish, is that a full day?

If you’re an IT Contractor, then yes.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Sessioning is all about repeeting the same section of track so you learn stuff, and very handy it is too. You might hate it cuz the youngsters say it but it is rather useful. Is there another word to describe repooting the same bit again and again so you learn something?

In factoloid a mate of mine refuses to ride the same ground twice and he is crap at jumps and c0orners and ruff stuff. SCIENCE FACT.

samunkim
    Free Member

Think it came from Trial Motorcycles – Used to mean repeating until you could clear a section with even a “Dab”

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve been ‘sessioning’ for the last year or so and my technique and ability has improved hugely. I’m now of the mindset that if i’m riding a trail and don’t clear a feature i’ll stop and repeat it until I get it. How else do you improve technique?

You also get a half decent work out too as it involves a lot of riding or walking back up the trail.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Farmer John's MTB Park’ is closed to new replies.