Home Forums Chat Forum Fancy pants – Step One content

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Fancy pants – Step One content
  • davosaurusrex

Seems I have a gullibility blind spot when it comes to Facebook adverts (blindly shakes fist and grinds yellow teeth at SPV lights and My Sweet Smile…) and bought a pair of Step One undercrackers – wow! The comfort is amazing, mainly due to the 3d pouch cupping your boys  (apologies to anyone having their tea). Even with an introductory offer they were £14 though,  another 4 or 5 pairs and that adds up. Jury also still out on the durability.

I’ve seen other brands offering what look like very similar products for under a tenner a pair, has anyone got any recommendations? Not Oddballs though,  can’t be dealing with the branding

matt_outandabout

Reebok. Available from all sorts such as TKMaxx and M&M online for very reasonable (I bought a 4 pack last week for £12.99).

Look carefully, you need the ‘stretchy’ microfibre / wicking / mesh ones.

I prefer the ‘Ainslie’ model with longer legs and mesh ‘hammock’ for teh boys.

matt_outandabout

Oh, and M&S do some very nice hybrid plastic and merino compressive running pants. They ‘lift and separate’ the cheeks like some kind of padded bra… ?

mashr

Maybe I’m being cynical, but do I really want my pants separating my cheeks??

davosaurusrex

Haha, they do sound a bit “niche”!

matt_outandabout

Who am I to argue?

cleetonator

I’m fully outfitted with step ones, purchased in bulk last year in the June sale for £7 a pair reduced from £18 (boxer briefs and sports). Just play the long game.

davosaurusrex

How are they holding up? So to speak

flyingmonkeycorps

Bloody love Step One. My oldest pair is over five years now, and still wearable. Keep an eye out for the sales though, I’ve never bought full price. Think my last batch were about 7 quid a pair.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I rate them as a daily boxer, not too bad for hiking either. Very comfy.

They do take a little longer to dry than I’d like. For multi day hikes I like Saxx Quest (I think), got a mesh nut hammock and dry very quickly.

Might check out these M&S lift and part numbers… I am prone to a bit of chaffage

scaredypants

I’ve also got one pair of step one, “cheap” in a promotion.  Not sure they’re all that, to be honest (presumably I need a bigger pouch ;-) ) (More seriously, I didn’t feel the pouch was enough of a separate pouch, although what I’m imagining would look utterly grotesque if I was ever caught wandering around in just the pants !)

I then bought some underarmour ones that promised the same and pretty much underwhelmed to the same extent

scaredypants

Oh, dear god – just found FreeLonger, which seem too fit the grotesquely anatomical bill to a T.

Drac

Yup very comfy but I recommend Kula find them even more comfortable.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Oh, and M&S do some very nice hybrid plastic and merino compressive running pants. They ‘lift and separate’ the cheeks like some kind of padded bra… ?

I can’t seem to find them on the M&S site.

davosaurusrex

@scaredypants – username checks out

alan1977
    Free Member

got 4 pairs.. i think they might be a few years old, and still as new

value

Kryton57

On a similar note, I’d be interested in anyone’s review of True Classic T shirts, asking for a friend.

FB-ATB

I can’t seem to find them on the M&S site.

Maybe you need to search on an S&M site instead?

sprootlet
    Free Member

Boody and I know you said no oddballs but their bamboo trunks are lovely

pocpoc
    Free Member

This is very timely as I was wondering the same. Getting low on my tesco ones as they wear out and Facebook ads have made the Step Ones very tempting.

Just signed up to the email list and got £8 off first order so going to try a pair for £11 and see how it goes. This could get expensive if they’re good.

Yak

Good grief, it’s pants. The sort of thing you get in a bulk cheap pack from tescos with your grocery shop then you don’t think about for a year or so. So then, what’s all this about? Pants got technical?

flyingmonkeycorps

I was a cheap pack from Tesco guy for ages.

Then I tried Step One.

Never looked back.

Mebbe depends on build and shape, I found cheap ones always rode up the leg. Step Ones don’t (except sometimes when cycling with certain pairs of shorts, but I don’t tend to ride to far in them so that’s forgivable).

davosaurusrex

Ordered three pairs of the Kulas. If they aren’t as good as the Step One then you owe me £30 @Drac – that’s how this works isn’t it?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Step One fan here as well.  Discovered them from a Paul Messsner video.   Only issue if going camping for multiple days is that they are surprisingly heavy and take a long time to dry.  But as I don’t do that it doesn’t matter!

blokeuptheroad

On a similar note, I’d be interested in anyone’s review of True Classic T shirts, asking for a friend.

meh… I ordered a pack of three (shamefully) after being bombarded with their marketing on SM. They are more fitted and less baggy than most other T-Shirts which is good. However they are thin, very lightweight and don’t feel like they will last too many washes. They are also very expensive for what they are.

dashed
    Free Member

Don’t rate step one at all. I ended up sizing up and going for the “long” version (despite being fairly skinny) and still shrank in the wash. I think you’re only supposed to wash them on cold but obvs they went in with everything else on 30C. I’ve got a few pairs and still wear them for active stuff / biking / skiing etc but I find them too snug for day to day wear.

matt_outandabout

So then, what’s all this about? Pants got technical?

Have been for years.

Wicking for your sweaty bits, cradled in comfort, with legs which don’t roll up…luvverly more comfy.

It’s not just the boys, the girls benefit too.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.