Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • Fairlight Holt Hardtail
  • P20

I am at risk of being a Fairlight fanboy. I love my Secan 2.5 gravel bike, the fit is so nice, it’s been tempting to look at the Strael road bike, but the next bike that needs replacing is the hardtail. This looks fantastic!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdVyUdlMkyc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Details aren’t out until next week, but I’m definitely interested

honourablegeorge

I have zero need for one of those and I’d really like one

matt_outandabout

Something so ‘right’ about a clean lined steel tubed hardtail in a simple colour scheme.

honourablegeorge

I have a spare set of wheels, a spare drivetrain or two…..

john_l
    Free Member

Saw it in the flesh at the weekend and it is absolutely beautiful.

ampthill

Looks like they’ll be aiming for the not slack market. Looks great

P20

I’m looking for a replacement for a Mk1 Solaris. It’ll be a do-it-all bike including bikepacking. Probably next year, but given some the lead times on Fairlight it should work out ok.

ads678

That looks amazing. Want but probably can’t afford…

pete68
    Free Member

Also looking to replace a mk1 solaris for bikepacking! This looks lovely but like the Mason, will probably be out of my price range

ElShalimo

If it’s like their other frames it’ll be cheaper than Mason and Shand and will probably be in Surly price range

P20

I’m thinking £1k…..

h4muf
    Free Member

Secan owner here and got a major WANT!

TomZesty
    Free Member

Looks amazing. I was literally on the Fairlight website the yesterday after hearing about them at bikepacking.com thinking these are fantastic but they need a hardtail / ATB. Wish it was a sign, but can’t afford one sadly.

honourablegeorge

P20

I’m thinking £1k…..

£949 for a 631 Faran with steel fork, £1,399 for the 831 Secan with a Carbon fork

£1150 to 1200, I think.

ElShalimo

Does it have to go through CEN testing? That will increase the price

My guess is £799 frame only

didnthurt

Beautiful but to my old untrained eyes, it looks a touch too skinny. Unless it has an ovalised top tube like Cotic’s do, it’s hard to see from the pic in the link.

P20

That will be revealed in the design notes out next week. The shaping on the Secan is impressive

honourablegeorge

Yeah, Fairight do oval TTs, the Secan’s is really flat

ElShalimo

They’ve been posting teasing images on Instagram for a few weeks – one of them might have a tube profile visible

akira

Shand fanboy here so legally I can’t even open the link.

john_l
    Free Member

Beautiful but to my old untrained eyes, it looks a touch too skinny. Unless it has an ovalised top tube like Cotic’s do, it’s hard to see from the pic in the link.

It does

fettlin

Oh balls!

I’d talked myself out of a new hardtail because nothing took my fancy as it was all getting a bit too long/slack/gnar for my tastes. Following with interest.

ampthill

They CEN test

Why would a hard tail cost more than a frame and fork?

P20

The lack of fork is why I’m thinking £1k. Could be a bit more.

finephilly
    Free Member

Hope they do 27.5 or 26″ wheel compatible.

johnnystorm

Unashamedly XC bike doubtful in 27.5 (unless accidently plus capable), as for 26″ wheels, million to one chance I reckon!

finephilly
    Free Member

Yeah, I suppose yr right. Still think you lose all the fun on 29″ wheels…

Daffy

I really don’t get the love for yet another steel hardtail. What’s the wow factor here? Is it just because it’s Fairlight? Help me understand?

I’ve only really ever got on properly with one steel bike and that was an Indy Fab.

P20

@Daffy for me, is the fact it’s a Fairlight. I love the way my Secan is built and rides. The detail that they go in to us fantastic.

I love steel bikes, they define what a mountain bike is to me. The ride is something that I can’t get from carbon, alloy, metal matrix. I do have a titanium itch having never owned one, but that Holt just looks right

ads678

I know nothing about Fairlight, but that just looks like a nice bike to ride. Just looks right. Has a nice “stance” about it.

My Cotic Solaris mk 2 was also like that, but the colour of this is nicer.

Wish I hadn’t sold my Solaris…..😭

fettlin

I’d echo P20, a nice steel hardtail IS an mtb for me. They remind me of my early P7 and my old 26″ Soul, which both hold a lot of memories for me, so there is an element of rose tinted glasses, but so what.

This ‘looks’ like classic HT geometry as well, I really don’t want an LLS hardtail. I’m looking forward to the spec release anyway, that will confirm if my interest is well founded.

TBF, i’d not heard of Fairlight until I opened this thread..

honourablegeorge

ampthill

Why would a hard tail cost more than a frame and fork?

They always seem to.

WildHunter2009

I’m really curious about this. Absolutely love my Faran and would seriously consider a Strael / Secan if I had the cash.

jamj1974

A good mate of mine has a Fairlight road bike. Has to be the most beautiful road bike I’ve ever seen. This isn’t the absolute most beautiful hard tail I’ve seen – but it is stunning.

dpfr

Well, @P20, I have a never-ridden 21″ Stanton Sherpa Ti frame (loooong story) which I really must get round to finding a home for……

manmurray

Had a chance to look drool over one last weekend – really very very nice. As others have said, just looked right. Think £1000 was mentioned.

ampthill

I really don’t get the love for yet another steel hardtail. What’s the wow factor here? Is it just because it’s Fairlight? Help me understand?

I think the intent will be different. It will be more of a bike packer than gnar shredder

Something like a Sonder Broken road in steel

honourablegeorge

Nicer pic. Is that a 27.2 poat? That would be “unashamedly XC” but a bit of a negative IMO

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgHwJQMi9w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

matt_outandabout

Nicer pic. Is that a 27.2 poat? That would be “unashamedly XC” but a bit of a negative IMO

Whereas I look at 27.2 and go ‘oooh, comfy’.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.