Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • facial moisturing advice
  • bobbyspangles

Errrr.

Any advice on skin moisturisers please.
    I spend a lot of time outdoors due to work and the weather can sometimes leave my face feeling like a block of gran padano ready to grate.
    So, metrosexuals step up please to help return my beautiful visage to its former glory as a supple wedge of Camembert.

Ta

vorlich
    Free Member

Combat the facedruff with Neutrogena Deep Moisture Comfort Balm, comes in a big tub.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

You are going to have to try a few out. Some may not agree with your skin. So don’t buy a big tub straight off.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Use some moisturiser then – tons of different ones. Just buy the cheapest non scented one, don’t worry whether it’s in the men’s or women’s section. As above Neutrogena is good, Dove also

You might consider using some kind of barrier cream when you are out, even some sun tan lotion is better than nothing, try to prevent the skin drying out instead of just fixing the dryness once you have it

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for Neutrogena.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I find the Nivea stuff works for me and doesn’t make my face smell like Barbara Cartlands cleavage.

http://www.niveamen.co.uk/products/Rehydrating-Moisturiser

Cougar

I use whatever boysturiser is on offer, TBH. Despite what the adverts will tell you about pro-vitamin lipids and marrowbone jelly it’s all the same stuff for practical purposes.

Think the one I have currently is Bulldog, it’s white and gloopy and stops my face feeling like a scrotum, just like every other tube of white gloop I’ve ever tried.

TK Maxx is worth a look for gloopy bargains.

Jamie
    Free Member

Vaseline intensive skincare stuff over here.

Cheap and cheerful, and it works.

scotroutes

I’m currently using a Bulldog one. Mrs Scotroutes particularly likes the smell of it when I have a beard. I’ve used the Body Shop Face Protection too. I find most generic moisturisers a bit thin and oily.

Tracey

Girls view here. I have used Olay for years, a day one with spf 15 and a night one, like my bike bits I usually stock up when its on offer. I had a follow up visit at the hospital last week for a check up on all my moles as I had to have one removed from my face a few years back. Was told to find a moisturiser with at least spf 30 in it. I work in a mainly male environment and most of them that moisturise use Nivea products.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Jamie – Freeloader!
    Vaseline intensive skincare stuff over here.

I was expecting another Grindr recommendation 😮

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve always had dry skin, and it’s being made worse by the seemingly increased levels of chlorine in my new house

Daffy

Re-vive for me, but I’ve got weird skin.

Kryton57

andymc06
    Free Member

Boots has Nivea for Men, half price at the moment.

househusband

I’ve found this really, really good for both hands and face:

(About a tenner for the above.)

TheSanityAssassin

[tannoy]
    Houns to the forum please, Houns to the forum!
    [/tannoy]
    He’ll know, he’s a big girl’s blouse too.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was expecting another Grindr recommendation

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc[/video]

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I use a mixture of swarf, old engine oil and gravel applied with a brillo pad.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m with Kryton, get some of this, usually on offer £5 from Tesco

Use morning and night, great stuff!

tthew

Some good advice also on this thread.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/marine-grease

porlus
    Free Member

My lass convinced me to use moisturiser a while back. So, every day after a shower slap it on. Then I got a bacterial infection. Look like acne but wasnt. Doc recommend slapping to fucidin cream on. Didnt really work.
    For the past week i’ve been washing in water and thats it. No soap or anything else. Infection has cleared up and skin feels fine and not dry. Works for me just water, but might not for others.

cheers_drive

The for men stuff is generally a rip off. Always use Simple rich moisturiser, unperfumed so I don’t smell like a lady.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

do you all ride road bikes and wear tight lycra aswell
    twinw411 thats a mans man 😀

takisawa2

Nivea here normally, but I bought a few tubes of Bulldog as it was half price.
    It’s ok, but the Nivea one is better.

s1m0n
    Free Member

I ride road bikes and wear Lycra and use nowt but water.

chewkw
    Free Member

Neutrogena … cheap and cheerful.

CHB

Nivea intensive care in the blue pot. Buy it in bulk when on offer in JS for half price. Its made in Germany by proper scientists and is the best I have discovered in 25 years of shaving.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have to say that I finfd the best thing for soft facial skin is growing the hair and when I was my hair with Johnsons baby shampoo I do my face at the same time……NB not all baby shampoos are created equally!
    When I am clean shaven I use Loreal Matte beard and skin lotion stuff. Smells nice and metrosexual too.
    But I orefer not shaving 😆

bobbyspangles

Thanks for the tips chaps.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘facial moisturing advice’ is closed to new replies.