Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 404 total)
  • F1 Grid Girls under review
  • bearnecessities

Anyone winning this yet?

Pit girls, that’s who.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😀

Might have to google eBay motors

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

When I was a kid it was the tit/legs/arse that inspired me to watch my sporting heroes

The power of the time machine Internets can make it all happen again!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Yup. Continually prolonged by the same old people who’ve said the same thing 100 times but just can’t be seen to back down or not have the last word

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks it. I can’t even comprehend how a grown adult can spend so much time trying to win an online argument with a stranger, it’s absolutely nuts 😯

No wonder this place has a reputation for being a bunch of argumentative tossers 😆 In reality it’s probably full of sensible people but there’s the same few that seem intent on turning anything & everything into an argument.

Anyway that’s 2 posts more than I would usually make on something like this, the only other useful contribution I can make is pictures of grid girls 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bear is winner

😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆 at bear

andyrm
    Free Member

If I had to choose a role model for my daughter from grid girls or the “anti” crowd, I know where I’d point her.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You were not using my logic. How can you compare body mutilation to being a pit girl

WHOOSH – your logic is below – best of luck refuting it

When you use female circumcision in an argument about pit girls you loose all credibility Junkyard. If you can’t see that your a bit lost mate

If you cannot see why I used it then you are the one who is lost – it was to show one can have an opinion on something one has not personally experienced [ he claimed only pit girls can have an opinion on pit girls so it must be true that only folk who have experience female circumcision or anything else you care to use can have an opinion on that ]. Clearly this is not true his argument is false. Why have i had to make that explicit ? this place is really not as sharp as it could be and the logic in this place is risible. _ it cannot be a straw man rene as I never claimed anyone said it being another example

You can either follow the argument or not but you cannot negate it. The view that only folk who have done something can express a view is flawed as I assume we a have the same view on female circumcision [ i never said they were the same either did I ?- and i assume none of has have any experience of it.

Bear thanks but not my type 😉

poah
    Free Member

Yawn – you haven’t any credibility left at all after trying to compare pit girls to FGM. I’m not even going to pay any attention to your comments any more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

as i said I did not do that and only an idiot would make that mistake/claim

I assume you have no view on female circumcision either then and women who object can be ignored as they have never had it done.

I am not comparing it to anything clearly

Secondly the logic is irrefutable you can be wrong[ twice in your case] or miss my point or flounce but you cannot refute it with a logical argument. I dont blame you for not trying but you could have just accepted my point now you have had it explained fully- not that it should have needed it

Deary me this place does not do thinking all that well. TO be fair i often dont do explaining very well either but there is no way you can think i am comparing the two.

andyrm
    Free Member

Never mind the grid girls apparently sending out oppressive messages (that parents should be proactively offsetting anyway by positive and empowering parenting), the next social justice scandal is the dressing up box:

Who’s first to start a faux outrage thread about it? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

If none of those ladies are actually put girls then your argument is invalid. How many pit girls have you discussed this with ?

Again, it’s not about the girls themselves. I am not worried about them. They are clearly doing well out of the arrangement.

The problem I have is with the statement that the F1 organisers are making by hiring them. I’ve explained this a few times now.

So my argument is still perfectly valid because I have spoken with many women who are the victims of sexism, and the F1 organisers are promoting sexist attitudes.

Please try harder to understand what I am trying to say, because I don’t think you do. I’m doing my best to get my point across.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and don’t get me started on the kids’ pirate thing. That’s a whole nother issue 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

I am waiting for the argument that straight men who won’t date transgender women because they have male ‘bits’ are bigots. An argument I listened into one day last week, those arguing it put me in mind of a few posters on here.

molgrips
    Free Member

Missing your point there.

Still waiting for you to demonstrate that a) sexism doesn’t exist and/or b) F1 organisers aren’t sexist.

outofbreath
    Free Member

If I had to choose a role model for my daughter from grid girls or the “anti” crowd, I know where I’d point her.

Good point. “Oi! Stop being a grid girl, it’s demeaning. Have a bit of respect for yourself and start petty squabbling on the internet!”.

LOL @Bear and Malvern Rider. Triffic stuff.

andyrm
    Free Member

@molgrips – please don’t take this as a dig, as in no way is it intended as such. People tend to connect with and gravitate towards those with similar views to themselves, so there’s a decent likelihood that the group of women you are talking to are a skewed group.

In much the same way as women I spoke to when the monster girls thread weren’t phased by it.

Echo chambers and all that.

I would have said “birds of a feather flock together” but I believe “birds” is a word on the banned list these days…… 😆

As I say, not a dig, more an observation that there’s lots of layers to real life, and perception very much is reality. Show 3 people a picture of a tree, all 3 will view and describe it differently.

poah
    Free Member

So my argument is still perfectly valid because I have spoken with many women who are the victims of sexism, and the F1 organisers are promoting sexist attitudes.

Having pit girls is not sexist nor is it promoting sexist attitudes. All it seems to be doing is promoting the panties of the PC crowd getting twisted.

There is not predjudice, discrimination or stereotyping of a sex here.

retro83
    Free Member

Whereas your qualification is..? Oh yes, absolutely **** all. Compared to a woman who has driven at the top level of motorsport and actually heads an organisation getting women into motor racing.

Plum.

molgrips
    Free Member

People tend to connect with and gravitate towards those with similar views to themselves, so there’s a decent likelihood that the group of women you are talking to are a skewed group.

That’s true – but what’s your point? What similar views? Are you saying we’re all hysterical or something and making something up that’s not there?

andyrm
    Free Member

That’s true – but what’s your point? What similar views? Are you saying we’re all hysterical or something and making something up that’s not there?

No, absolutely not.

What I’m saying is that it’s shaky territory to present a group of people you know and who share your views as proof of concept as it’s not a balanced sample.

But anyway, we’re getting dangerously close to the whole “cite your sources” narrow mindedness that’s prevalent on here rather than an ability to see there’s many nuances to most real life situations.

Junkyard
    Free Member

“cite your sources” narrow mindedness that’s prevalent on here

Its not narrow minded to expect facts and citations. Its said for the exact same reason as what you are saying…..anecdote and asking your friends may be skewed.
    We all know there are many nuances or we would be agreeing and i assume the only thing we can agree on is the fact we are not agreeing.

Whereas your qualification is..?

Irrelevant to the point made.

“I don’t think F1 or other motorsport series have to change to attract more women. I think any woman you ask would not want it to be changed.

Pretty confident i can find a woman who wants it changed without much difficulty . She is not an expert on what women think so its an appeal to authority

km79
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure she is referring to women within motorsports/F1.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

There is not predjudice, discrimination or stereotyping of a sex here.

Devil’s advocate time – does such a thing actually exist in any sport? (You missed out ‘objectification’ BTW)

If so, are there any *real* examples? Pics, video clips, words? I’m having a hard time imagining what such a (possibly) mythical beast would resemble?

Junkyard
    Free Member

There is no context for the quite I read – Ie I dont know for certain but it was not what i took from it.

http://www.cityam.com/239248/f1-grid-girls-should-stay-says-women-in-motorsport-ambassador-and-former-williams-driver-susie-wolff

“I don’t think F1 or other motorsport series have to change to attract more women. I think any woman you ask would not want it to be changed. There should be grid girls. It’s part of Formula One, it’s part of motorsport, it’s part of the glamour.”

molgrips
    Free Member

I know at least one woman who wants grid girls to stop. And podium girls in cycling. She has quite a lot of experience at being a woman.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Liking the size of your sample.

I know one that had opportunities she wouldn’t otherwise have had being a promo girl.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there you go again judging every woman on her appearance 😉

I know one who did motorbikes once from a model agency selected only for her looks and never met them before. She said it was horrible and everyone pawed her- guess this was abut 10 years ago she told me so perhaps 10-15 years ago

Also anecdotal/hearsay/small sample ” evidence”

aracer
    Free Member

How large a sample do you need to disprove “I think any woman you ask would not want it to be changed”?

BTW loving your work bear – though she’s not really my type either, can I swap with molly?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Based solely on her appearance?

Typist ^^^ 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I know one that had opportunities she wouldn’t otherwise have had being a promo girl.

Hehe.

It’s not just the one woman I know. An Amazon search for ‘feminism’ returns 31,657 books.

bearnecessities

BTW loving your work bear – though she’s not really my type either, can I swap with molly?

Sure.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I asked the question of my mate who attends a few moto gp events. He says he would do away with them, not because its exploitation, or confirmed gender bias, more so that its just a bit ‘tacky’

When I asked him what he though about that leading to the grid girls not having the opportunity to do something they liked and get paid well for, his response was thus…’don’t worry, pretty girls with big tits tend to do ok in life..I wouldn’t worry about them’ Probably a fair point..

On a side issue..I do struggle to comprehend how folks with young impressionable children can afford to spend so much of their weekend arguing on the internet.It seems like a full time job for some

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sat in hospital with my daughter, and we’re both trying to entertain ourselves with various internet based activities alongside reading and lego.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m sat in hospital with my daughter, and we’re both trying to entertain ourselves with various internet based activities alongside reading and lego.

Booo..that sucks. hope she is ok.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well not entirely ok otherwise she wouldn’t be here 🙂 But it’s not too bad thanks.

She overheard me and my wife discussing this thread though and chimed in with her typically assertive comments!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mine just got an Xbox for his birthday [ and early xmas present of games from grand parents ]as long as the internet does not stop working he [ and his brother] wont notice if i die

Hope everything goes well molly

Top photoshoppery Bear I feel like I did ok now [ well it could have been worse]

Dickyboy

There was a brolly dolly at Prescott Hill Climb, just seemed very tacky.
    At least they have Maria Herrera racing in Moto 3.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Brolly noun informal

An umbrella

Dolly noun

7. Also called: dolly bird, dollybird old-fashioned, slang, mainly British
    an attractive and fashionable girl, esp one who is considered to be unintelligent

Seems even the dictionary is sexisty.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 404 total)

The topic ‘F1 Grid Girls under review’ is closed to new replies.