Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • SuperScale20
    Free Member

Apparently he did improve under yellow but not sure of previous lap time, he should be with stewards 1pm local time it’s currently 2.39pm and there is no news as of yet what can there be to discuss for so long. Also why is max going first to see stewards he was the last driver in?

nickewen
    Free Member

The whole thing (no penalty for lat weeks stunt, the fallout where drivers don’t know where they stand overtaking/being overtaken on then outside and now this blatant slam dunk under yellows) absolutely stinks. I’m with reluctantjumper on this one, gonna save my time and money if they start taking the piss with the overall governance of the sport. I hope Hamilton gets his 8th WDC sealing his status as the GOAT regardless of this nonsense.

Twodogs

3 place drop for bottas

Twodogs

😁

mashr

5 place penalty for Verstappen

Edit: I was too slow, yellow flags innit

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I was wrong nothing unusual.

pipm1
    Free Member
    Twodogs

It seems that Bottas just said “yeah I didn’t see it, sorry” whereas Max tried to argue his way out of it.

the-muffin-man

Horner >>> Gasly…

“Now then Pierre – about your future in the Red Bull family. A little defensive action will help your prospects”! 🤣🤣🤣

Twodogs

Horner claiming it was a rogue marshall who just stuck his flags out

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Red Bull AlphaTauri’d for the third race running.

Max came through 16 seconds after Gasly stopped.

the-muffin-man

If that is true Twodogs it’s a new low for Horner to suggest bias amongst the Marshalls. In every form of motor racing at every level it’s the Marshalls at trackside who you obey first and foremost.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

muffin – man I new low for horner can he get an lower than he is?

thepurist

The thing is that Max can and should regain 2nd place which, based on practice, is probably where they would be if he started 2nd on the grid. Heck I’ve even heard of people winning after having worse starting positions…

So will Max be mature enough play the long game, play it safe at the start and realise he has 10s of laps to work his way through the field or will he try to do it by the exit of Turn 1?

reluctantjumper

Horner claiming it was a rogue marshall who just stuck his flags out

Just saw his interview with the Sky crew, he really doesn’t get it does he? He tried to argue that Massi should have ultimate control of the flag lights, completely ignoring that the marshalls at every post are highly trained, can react instantly to any incident and are the ones ultimate yputting their lives on the line. A marshall over on the Pistonheads forum has said categorically that if he was overruled like it seems happened on the incident in question (the electronic system was quickly showing yellow/clear/yellow/clear whilst the yellow flags were being waved) then he would refuse to marshall under those circumstances, as would a lot of his colleagues. The flags always have precedence according to the FIA and BRDC rulebook as the electronic system can fail, so a yellow flag overrules a green light, red flag overrules a yellow light etc. The only exception would be a yellow or red light with no flags being waved.

Also there’s a rumour most of the paddock is calling Horner ‘Karen’ which suits him perfectly!

thols2

So, Hamilton starting on the medium tyre with Gasly, Alonso, and Norris starting on softs. Realistic chance of Alonso leading at the end of lap 1.

crazy-legs

The off-track shenanigans and the annoying habit of the media of feeding off it all and bigging up the “conflict” is getting incredibly tiresome.

Red Bull being whiny little bitches about anything and everything they can possibly find, arguing every single corner and manoeuvre just sounds like the kid in the playground who’d be happy beating the other kids up for their sweets but as soon as the same happened to him, he’d be running to the teacher. Sir, Sir, he said nasty things to me!

nickc

Realistic chance of Alonso leading at the end of lap 1.

All things being equal, the Mercedes will leave the Alpine for dust won’t it?

the-muffin-man

Horner is maybe doing his job in fighting for his team, but arguing against slam-dunk penalties just makes him look pathetic.

Perhaps his job is at risk? As since the 4 titles in a row for Vettel Red Bull have underperformed. And the golden era was down to Newey’s skills as a designer as Horners man-management was lacking back then too.

Twodogs

Alpine on soft tyres, and the better side of the grid….(or have I got that wrong)..definitely soft tyres

the-muffin-man

If Lewis gets a good start he should be OK as the run to turn 1 isn’t too long. Yep, Alonso starting behind Lewis on the good side of the grid on Softs.

thols2

Hamilton has Gasly next to him with Alonso in P3 and Norris in P4. Hamilton is on medium tyres, the others all on softs. It’ll depend on who gets a good launch, but Hamilton knows that the points are awarded for the final lap, not the first lap so will aim to avoid trouble on lap 1. If Hamilton doesn’t get a clean launch off the line, he’ll probably just let Gasly and Alonso ahead for the first lap and pass them later on.

the-muffin-man

Surprised they didn’t change Max’s front wing at that stop if it is damaged. Losing half a second a lap will leave him exposed to Bottas.

crazy-legs

Losing half a second a lap will leave him exposed to Bottas

Not any more!
    Bit of a strategic cock up by Merc to be leaving Bottas out there for so long that his tyres fell to pieces.

richmtb

Honestly if Bottas fell into a barrel of tits he’d come out sucking his thumb

nickc

Front left tyres…

Twodogs

That was all a bit dull.

Twodogs

Ahahahahaha…Karen’s been summoned to the stewards for alleged breach of sporting regs….presumably his comment about “a rogue marshall” 😂

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Very dull shame about Bottas.

reluctantjumper

Horner in full Grovel mode on Sky right now 🤣

the-muffin-man

🤣🤣🤣

Twodogs

Horner in full Grovel mode on Sky right now

damn…missed it..what did he say?

reluctantjumper

He basically apologised without apologising for calling the marshalls who threw the yellow flag during Q3 ‘rogue’ and saying that Massi should have them under tighter control. He didn’t day he was apologetic for the comments he made, just that he was sorry that they caused any offence. Not once did he actually apologise and say it was wrong. It was hilariously painful to watch him squirm as Button revelled in his uncomfortableness and Ted, who had just been doing a piece to camera about how naughty Horner had been, trying his best to hide while still hearing what Horner had to say.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person 😂

pondo

He didn’t day he was apologetic for the comments he made, just that he was sorry that they caused any offence. 

How very 21st century.

shermer75
    Free Member

Laying into the opposing team is understandable but having a go at the marshalls is not ok. I’m glad he’s been pulled up on this here

shermer75
    Free Member

Does anyone else want to see those curbs at all the other race tracks too? It would def stop the drivers defining the track limits as they see fit, and it definitely added a fair bit of excitement watching Alonso nursing his tyres home to finish 3rd

Twodogs

No great surprise to see Coulthard referring to “a rogue steward”. The FIA should ban him from attending the next race 😁

inkster
    Free Member

Marks out of ten for the designer of that racetrack?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM