Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 398 total)
  • EWS Tweed valley
  • legend
    Free Member

hels – Member

I have been told by somebody who knows to practice riding steep stuff. Pete Williams track at Inners here I come… In the forest, nobody can hear you scream…

Caberston isn’t THAT bad

Interesting, I’d say that Pete Williams track is a good bit easier than any of the trails on Caberston. Its obviously also a lot shorter.

Why the hell are they releasing the tracks on Sunday? Surely Wednesday would make a lot more sense to stop the locals (and sneaky pros) getting in extra practice?

BoardinBob

Why the hell are they releasing the tracks on Sunday? Surely Wednesday would make a lot more sense to stop the locals (and sneaky pros) getting in extra practice?

Map released on Sunday
    Trails closed for taping monday and tuesday
    Course open for practice from 10am on wednesday
    Any competitors found riding the trails on monday or tuesday will be disqualified

legend
    Free Member

aaaahhhh ok that makes more sense, although I still can’t see any reason for not just releasing them after they’ve been taped

hels
    Free Member

So people know where NOT to ride during the week ? Hard to disqualify somebody for riding a track when you haven’t told them where not to ride….

Where should I practice for the steepness then ?? The Golfie ??

hels
    Free Member

And more importantly, where do I park ??

nodrog2
    Free Member

hels – yes practice Golfie for the steepness. Just seen a picture on Chris Ball’s Instagram feed and it looks very likey that Community Service is going to be used.

I certainly hope E2 doesn’t have any less trails than E1 (I’m in E2 also).

BoardinBob

it looks very likey that Community Service is going to be used

Oh crap

Northwind

There was talk of one less stage per day for EWS2, but to be fair, that was at the point where everyone was just making it up as they went along 😉

Hey… Aside, but is there anyone out there in EWS2 that really wishes they were in EWS1? I don’t know if transfers are possible but, if I’m not 100% fixed then EWS2 probably makes more sense for me…

nodrog2
    Free Member

Northwind – No, I’m definitely happy in E2. If the rumours are to be believed then the transition times are going to be barsteward tight in E1.

hels
    Free Member

Again, where do I park ??

BoardinBob

Again, where do I park ??

Event village is on Tweed Green in town. I imagine there will be parking close by. Maybe on the rugby pitches although only if they cover them.

andyrm
    Free Member

If the rumours are to be believed then the transition times are going to be barsteward tight in E1.

I’d imagine they will be – especially by the time day 2 comes round.

bigjim

well I guess because if they are taping them then it is going to be obvious which ones they are anyway, so might as well let it be known to avoid any grey areas where an untaped section is being practiced before they can tape it up.

gavstorie
    Free Member

it will be interesting to see the map on sunday.. im heading down there on monday 🙂

steveh

From the information we’ve seen today via an email to an elite racer there is 1 less stage on day one for ew2 racers but day 2 is the same.
    There is no official car parking and both days run in and out of peebles on the bikes. There is loose mention of a couple of car parks in town to use but no where to camp it seems either. How can it be a uk race if we’re not all pikey camping in a field somewhere?
    Links if you’ve not seen them:
    http://www.enduroworldseries.com/events/ews2-tweedlove-scotland
    http://www.enduroworldseries.com/downloads/registration/race%20book-scotland.pdf

chickenman

looks very likey that Community Service is going to be used.

. I’m surprised by this as it’s one trail that is pretty worn out feeling after the winter; You sure you don’t mean Repeat Offender?
    Much of the stuff at Caberston is too tight to be ridden at race speed (New York, New York was built so you can’t go very fast!). Certainly the new bit (presumably built for the EWS)at the bottom of the forest is more open looking than many others there.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Repeat Offender? Is that the one next to 3G?

chickenman

Yupp!

gavstorie
    Free Member

Cool.. Might have a look at that one 🙂 there are just too many brilliant trails in that place 🙂

laraichean

Hels- thats a funny question from a local, cant you park outside your house and ride 1 km to the start? I’m sure there’ll be parking nearer though #reallyneedtosaveenergy

Northwind

laraichean – Member

Hels- thats a funny question from a local, cant you park outside your house and ride 1 km to the start?

Ask Fabien Barel about that, you can get in a lot of trouble parking in the wrong place 😉

nodrog2
    Free Member

I’m surprised by this as it’s one trail that is pretty worn out feeling after the winter; You sure you don’t mean Repeat Offender?

That would make much sense chickenman to use Repeat Offeneder as it’s relatively new and doesn’t have the blown out corners like Community service does. I only offered Community service as a possible trail being used based on an Instagam pic. It could well be that Mr Ball is just teasing us. Roll on Sunday and the map being available.

BoardinBob

Day 2 looks like a big one. 37km and almost 5,000ft of climbing!

hels
    Free Member

I’m joking about the parking, people seem obsessed about it. And I will be renting out the space outside my house….

BoardinBob

It could well be that Mr Ball is just teasing us

Could be. He posted a picture of spooky wood last night and I can’t see that getting used judging by the trail closures mentioned on the 7 stanes site.

legend
    Free Member

LAst thing I heard was 90km over the 2 days – enjoy!

BoardinBob

Here’s a completely off topic question. Does anyone know if any pubs in Peebles or Innerleithen are likely to be showing the Froch v Groves fight on the saturday night? Unlikely given it’s pay per view and I’m gutted at missing it.

andyrm
    Free Member

LAst thing I heard was 90km over the 2 days – enjoy!

Yup, just read that. Gonna be a tough couple of days!!!

polodingalong
    Free Member

Northwind, are you serious about wanting to swap an E1 entry for an E2? Any idea if this would be allowed?

BoardinBob

Assuming we start at the green in Peebles on each day, a fair chunk of that will be the cycle path, particularly on the day in Inners, plus the road to the golfie, which is all nice and flat.

justinbieber

Where are you guys getting all this info from?

Northwind

Poloding- get in touch with them, they’ve swapped my E1 entry for an E2 so there’s a good chance that makes 1 E1 entry available!

justinbieber

Doh! I saw those links, and thought I’d read them but missed that bit! 😳

gavstorie
    Free Member

Just back from caberston today… It looks like splash and dash is going to be used.. They have changed a bit of the second entry.. Looks good

Northwind

I’d need to ride it again to be sure but I think splash and dash has a root I can’t ride at all 😆 Result!

gavstorie
    Free Member

there are lots of roots now by the looks of it 🙂

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

wtf is a “mince tank”??

gavstorie
    Free Member

lol.. im guessing its a DH machine

bigjim

bit of strava stalking of local fast types is showing some of the routes anyway

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘EWS Tweed valley’ is closed to new replies.