Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • EWS Entries.. how does it work?
  • euain

As per the other thread it’s extortionate – but you only live once and my lad is old enough and keen for us to do the EWS80 together.

Does anyone know how the entry works – will I be able to log in at two seconds past 8pm and get us both entries or should he be trying to get himself an entry on another device at the same time?

And how hard is it? He sneaked onto the Tenduro course last year on practise day (too young to enter so had his Funduro plate on) and declared Repeat Offender the best trail he’s ever ridden. I’m expecting something along those lines – which would be grand.

mtnboarder

Not 100% sure, but I think you can add more than one rider to your basket at a time.

Course last year wasn’t too tricky, if he rode Repeat Offender easily it was mostly around that level of difficulty. EWS-E on the other hand…

kimbers

nothing was super tech, just a long day with a fair bit of climbing- made harder by the weather last year 40km, 1700m climbing

matt_outandabout

We had to sit and log on asap, then check out as soon as you can. The site struggled, our lad and two mates got an entry, the fourth pal lost out despite them all trying at the same moment….

euain

@matt_outandabout – so they were all logged on individually rather being able to add multiple entries to one basket?

euain

Cheers for the pointers. We’re in – and it seems to have sold out pretty much straight away. We both bought our own tickets as there was no way to add more than one entry to a session.

Now I’ll tell I’m there’s a bucket-full of climbing involved.

kimbers

damn forgot and am now on the wait list

matt_outandabout

@euain – yes, at different houses around the country.

He’s decided not to enter this year – the cost is just so high. 🙁

euain

It was pretty steep but sounds like a great event.

Give it another couple of years and he’ll be doing exams (and I won’t be able to keep up)!

jimmy748

I managed to get an entry into my basket at 8:01 but then the page wouldn’t let me pay, after refreshing I tried again but it was sold out and I was in the waiting list, had an email this morning.

I’m now entered, but it suggests more tickets will become available to those in the waiting list, email was sent at 2.41 AM so add 72 hours to that.

“Just wanted to connect with your regarding the Tweed Valley entries.

It looks like your Tweed Valley EWS100 entry was interrupted before you could finalise the registration.

We have set up a link so that you can sign up directly . To finalise the registration, just log into your EWS Rider account and proceed to the cart.

https://portal.enduroworldseries.com .

Note : The registration link will only be valid for 72 hours. If the registration is not completed , the access code will automatically expire and the spot will be offered to the riders on the waitlist.”

speedstar

jimmy748, the same thing happened to me. Now i’m in and wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew! It will be good to have the fam about at the end.

kimbers

Yeehaaaw

Got a cancellation entry

Damn

Better get some training in 😱

euain

Yeehaaaw

Got a cancellation entry

Nice one!

It looks like it’s going to be a great weekend. I can almost taste that beer straight after finishing already 🙂

Warmup this weekend with Vallelujah for us.

mark88

I’ll be riding that direction (hopefully) this weekend and (definitely) next if anyone else is there and fancies some company?

Only ridden Golfie a handful of times so will be good to familiarise myself before the race.

kimbers

Ok a week to go, quite excited

Excuses in early- I’m still getting over a slipped disc so it’s going to be more of a cruise with mates for me!

euain

Can’t wait. I’ll get the excuses in too.. my race time would be much faster except for two main factors- a lack of fitness and similar lack talent.

Can’t wait though – we had a blast at Vallelujah and this just looks like Vallelujah on steroids.

I see some hints that Big Baw is one of the trails. Any other informed guesses before the course reveal tonight?

singlespeedstu

Feed the Pony has had a fair bit of work done on it.
    Including a new corner where you come out the woods and some new jumps through the field.

Tracey

Maps out. No big suprizes.

euain

Quite an overlap with Vallelujah by the looks of it – though the two extra trails in Golfie look fun – Big Baw and Feed the Pony are new ones to me.

Looking forward to it.

steveh

You won’t be looking forward to the push up to the top of feed the pony!

jodafett

Big Baw is class 👍🏼👍🏼

stanfree
    Free Member

Top to bottom the Big Baw stage is immense , the work they have done at the top and the new extension at the bottom are soemthing else. we were sat beside the fire road near the old ending two weeks back and noticed the new bottom bit. Two seconds later Elliot heap and co came out warp speed and gapped the rock sections , made me want to put my bike on gumtree and buy soem lawn bowls.

kimbers

I can feel the arm pump already

euain

Checking on the timing for registration. It looks like we need to get registered by 9am on Friday or the weekend doesn’t happen.

Is this the case? It makes the trip down on Friday morning a bit of a rush whereas we were hoping to arrive around 9 – or adds 100 miles to the trip to register on Thursday night.

chrismac

It looks a surprisingly short race IMHO. I surprised there arent more stages to make for more racing time as they are all relatively short because its Scotland and not the Alps. Looking forward to the event as they are epically brilliant trails. Scuppered our plans to spend the long weekend riding there so off elsewhere to ride

mtnboarder

Pop them an email and let them know- they might be able to sort something out. I picked up registration packs for mates last year with no issue, so if you can get hold of a local to get the stuff for you that could work?

I’d offer to get them for you, but will be marshalling Friday and will be on the hill somewhere when you arrive!

BoardinBob

It looks a surprisingly short race IMHO.

Last year was 23 miles, 5000ft+ over pretty much the same course. Believe me, it did not feel like a short race on the slog to the last stage

kimbers

I could probably grab them for you @euain, if theyll let me

i cant remember if we had to sign in or not?

what time will you be getting there? practice for the E100 is friday remember!

euain

Thanks @kimbers. It may not be necessary if we can sort our plans but I’ll give you a shout if we’re stuck.

We’re just EWS80 (Fraser has just turned 14 so that’s his limit – and I’m quite happy not to do the extra climbing). Plans were to arrive 9-10am on Friday in time to practice Stage 3 (our first) but we’ll probably just use the alarm more aggressively on Friday morning and hope the bypass is clear as it’s a bank holiday.

kimbers

Right fork lowers serviced (how much gunk was in there?!)
    Rear shock air can service
    Brakes sorted

Decided to have a look at my creaky headset, maybe pop off the seals and add some lube

Obviously in much worse condition than realised and bearings end up exploding everywhere….
    Had to get the big magnet out, up until 130 before I found them all, ordered new bearings, hopefully arrive in time , if not I’ll be reassembling the old one with lots of extra grease

euain

That’s the lad’s bike in bits – fork and shock in for a service, pivot bearings all changed and the tape on the wheels replaced (it was peeling off pretty badly).

Fingers crossed everything comes back when it’s meant to or he’s doing the 80 on my Orange Stage 4 with the benefit of 110mm travel

bigfoot
    Free Member

sounds like me, leaving sorting the bike until the last minute.

a mate has doing the ebike race got up there this evening, raining was last i heard.

mark88

Glad I’m not alone with bike dramas. Brake bleed and new pads at the weekend and they are now nowhere near as powerful as before somehow. Quick ride last night and got a puncture on the edge of the bead which took ages to seal and can’t find a replacement tyre so going to have to hope it’s alright on the night.

I’m heading up first thing Thursday to try and walk at least two stages (Inners DH and Wolves as I don’t know these) and watch some of the e bike. If anyone fancies joining me for that or practice give me a shout as I’m heading up alone,

singlespeedstu

@mark88.
    We are marshalling tomorrow and maybe staying over for a few beers.
    I’ll drop you a message and keep you company for a while.
    Ebike practice today was pretty slick to start with but the trails are drying well.

mark88

I’ve got you set for head mechanic so take it easy on the beers @singlespeedstu

singlespeedstu

Will spanner for beers.😉

mark88

Deal. i’ll even clean the bike for you in advance

singlespeedstu

Did i tell you just how much beer I can drink. 😁

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Another one in the “my brake doesn’t work” club. A bleed on the rear Magura felt fine on the stand Tuesday night but today’s test ride said otherwise. Deore fitted in its place but hose is too short so had to reroute hose..

Carrying an injury from Vallelujah but still looking forward to the atmosphere. Leaving Glasgow tomorrow to make registration, chilled practice hopefully and EWS100 on Saturday if I don’t melt 😂

Should be fun, will be watching some of the action on Sunday too.

mark88

How did everyone’s weekend go?

I really enjoyed it and barring the queue for the first stage, the organisation seemed flawless and everything ran really well. Atmosphere was great all weekend and everyone was really friendly.

I ripped off my derailleur on first stage of practise, so you may have passed me as I finished the rest of the day pushing the bike! Luckily I had spares so was able to get it sorted but in the stress of sorting that I put my new rear tyre on backwards.

Race day was steady enough. Poor result on stage one despite feeling ok and hitting all my lines so clearly wasn’t pushing hard enough. Top half of stage two felt good but fitness wise fell apart after the fire roads and made some silly mistakes. 3, 4 and 5 went better and clawed back 10 positions. Finished up 106th

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.