• This topic has 52 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by igm.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Evil Thomas the Tank Engine
  • igm

On a more positive note, try a few beers (other narcotics are available) and watch Waybuloo

brooess
    Free Member

The steam train will put out steam, which here in reality is white, and the diesel trains again, remember this is based on reality, put out black fumes.

This is a hugely amusing thread which has wasted hours of my time this morning. Haven’t read it all so this may have been pointed out before. The white stuff coming out of a steam train’s funnel is not steam. It is the product of the combustion of the coal which is heating the water to produce the steam. It is smoke; just as villainous as deisel fumes.. That is why, as I remember from my childhood, it is smelly and smutty.

In theory there shouldn’t be any steam coming from a steam engine as it is the steam, under pressure in a closed system, that is providing the motive power. If the steam were escaping the engine wouldn’t move.

OK, (sorry, ok,) as you were with the humour please..

Pedantry worthy of STW 🙂

D0NK

Thomas is a f^&$wit of the highest order who continually ballses things up through dimwitted incompetence but then lucks out at the end through other people helping him out and his need to be seen to be doing something

hell of a lot of kids TV seem to have the main protagonist screwing up badly then getting help fixing his mess.

Dunno if this is a good thing or not. For realism I think atleast one episode of tree fu tom should have Tom accidentally poisoning the sap fountain, checking no one has clocked that he did it, then pissing off home for tea early.

Or Pat flogging shocks and forx on ebay

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Is there some way of framing this thread so I can gaze upon it whenever I feel down?

I can see that comment being recycled on here

atlaz
    Free Member

Pedantry worthy of STW [/quote]

And also wrong. If team weren’t escaping, steam trains wouldn’t need topping up with water… 🙄

Scamper
    Free Member

Tree Foo Tom is another one – either him or one of his midget mates messes up and always tries to hide the truth from the others. Anyway, it has given me hours of entertainment watching my 2 year old do the Tree Foo Tom moves while wearing his sap stone utility belt. He does get disappointed when his newly discovered powers don’t tidy up his toys or shut daddy up, mind.

Jamie
    Free Member

And also wrong. If team weren’t escaping…

What do you expect? They were sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. Of course these men promptly escaped.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Steam from the funnel? I think not.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I grew up on Rodborough Avenue, Stroud almost right opposite Reverend Awdry’s house. I certainly don’t remember him as a racist, sexist dictator. He had a brilliant train set, once a year he would open up his house to the kids on the street to go and have a go with it. Oh, and he had an Austin Maestro that he couldn’t change gear in and would drive for miles revving it out in first.

EDIT: no pun intended 😀

brooess
    Free Member

And also wrong. If team weren’t escaping, steam trains wouldn’t need topping up with water…

And once more with feeling: pedantry worthy of STW 🙂

Like Moomins, I saw a critique which slated moomins for its opressive gender profiling. Look, a female character called Moominmamma, she’s been reduced to a job title, her only place is to raise kids!

Shit, somebody beat me to it 🙁

Homoerotic imagery in Swallows and Amazons anyone?

enfht
    Free Member

The “Guardian” in talking bollocks shocker. I’d love to hear her views on Rasta Mouse, and didn’t Bod used to goose step?

igm

Steam from the funnel? I think not.

I thought a number of designs discharged exhausted steam via the funnel to create a greater draw into the firebox.

Could be wrong.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Evil Thomas the Tank Engine’ is closed to new replies.