Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ever wish you hadn't bothered?
  • tenfoot

I rode into work this morning, in the piddling rain, 2 punctures in 12 miles.

Should have stayed in bed 🙁

nwmlarge
    Free Member

but you got to ride your bike!

tenfoot

True – no doubt I’ll feel happier if I can get home, puncture free.

binners

You’ve no chance. Punctures ALWAYS come in threes

philjunior
    Free Member

I genuinely can’t think of the last time I wish I hadn’t bothered, and this includes the last time I had 2 punctures in the pissing rain, and all the times I’ve had things snap on me during the commute and had to take a train/phone my wife and beg for a lift.

In fact riding in the rain is sometimes quite cathartic (preferably not riding to work but being an adult does sometimes suck). You’ll enjoy the ride home, don’t worry.

jekkyl

yup on wednesday’s ride. I choose to try a route that I know is plagued with mud so it’s only rideable at certain points of the year. The first big descent had a fallen tree across it and ruined the drop entirely and the rest was an absolute quagmire, so much so that i binned off 2/3rds of it and rode down a cycle path. I wouldn’t mind but it’s 20 mins drive from my house when I could have ridden from the door on an all weatherproof route I know and had a much better time. Ride Ruined.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Don’t ride to work then…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

This happened to me once. I wished I’d bothered to change tyres when I should have instead of being a cheapskate trying to get the maximum life out of them! Not saying this is what you did by the way.

mattbee

A few times.
    Night rides in horrible mud, pissing it down with rain. Glasses steamed up, covered in splashes of water and mud. Can’t see a thing, soaking wet and miserable.
    This year I sat on the turbo instead.

tenfoot

I wished I’d bothered to change tyres

I’ve recently swapped the tyres for Schwalbe Landcruisers. They weigh a tonne and don’t seem to give me any more puncture protection, so perhaps I need to think again.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Woke up this morning – rain
    Waited an hour, had breakfast, – BBC app says sunshine all day and rain has stopped
    Rained all day since, it’s going to be moist 🙁

shermer75
    Free Member

You only get punctures when it’s raining. Fact!

rOcKeTdOg

Not ridden since Saturday due to fever/manflu/cold that’s the longest I’ve been off the bike for 5 years! Still feel crap. I’d take rain & punctures over that any day

milky1980
    Free Member

Only times when I’ve finished a ride injured.

Keva
    Free Member

You only get punctures when it’s raining.

or when you’re late!

nedrapier

I was going to ride the crosser in, get off the train early on the way home and ride 35 miles home over the hills. Looked at the weather, decided not to bother. It was gloopy last time I tried it, and it had been dry for ages.

Quite happy with that decision at the moment. Going for pints with a mate instead!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Last Wednesday morning. I had a lot of miles in my legs and they were not playing ball at all. It was a headwind all 20 miles to work, my body was producing snot in obscene amounts and I had a puncture. Add to this I left my new girlfriend at home in my bed instead of accepting the lift to work she had offered so I could get a few extra miles in. I very nearly had a huge sense of humour failure. But by the time I rode again on Thursday evening it was all better.

tenfoot

Well despite torrential rain, I had a nice puncture free ride home. Glanced up at the motorway which was nose to tail. Much rather be on the bike than sitting in that.

philjunior
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    You only get punctures when it’s raining. Fact!

Nah, you only get punctures when you’re riding. True fact.

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for at least you were on your bike and creating deserved cake space in your stomach 🙂

Worth putting new tyres on if they’re worn out

MSP

I find most punctures when I go to get my bike out of the cellar in the morning. I want to know which bastard is taking it out for rides in the rain while I am asleep.

senorj

Yes. A few weeks ago,after suffering the super lurgy for four weeks, too much beer and not enough riding.:-(
    Today’s pootle in the rain was worth it for the wildlife spotting alone.
    A mahoosive hare was the highlight.

myopic
    Free Member

Often! Especially at this time of year

Rorschach
    Free Member

Every morning when I wake up.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ever wish you hadn't bothered?’ is closed to new replies.