Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • European campervan breakdown cover
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Looking for single trip breakdown cover for the T4 stonerwagon this summer.

Anyone got any favourites before I run naked past the butt paddlin’ hoards that are gocomparethemoneysupermeerkat? Oh joys.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

ADAC are a german bunch that come highly rated, don’t use them myself as I have lifetime AA but apparently very good and good value. worth a Google.

mocha
    Free Member

yup, ADAC here too. There is a rumour that they’re taking no more UK customers as they sub out to the AA who didn’t like having to deal with big vans.

hot_fiat

Yep ADAC here too. Absolutely awesome. Worldwide breakdown cover for me and the wife in any vehicle for under £100? Yes I think so. I suspect the AA don’t like being shouted at by a bunch of irate and impatient Germans who can’t understand why it takes more than twenty minutes to find a car in suburban Newcastle. Reccomend a friend and you get about €40 rebate off next years membership. The magazine, while it’s only in German, can be really interesting. particularly the tests of stuff.

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks guys, off to googlefu.

annebr
    Free Member

I have used 2gether Insurance for european breakdown cover. They were much much cheaper than the AA and their service was good.

jota180
    Free Member

ADAC uses the same French call centre as the AA

I heard tales of them not taking any more Brits too but I had no issues earlier this year
    email – Evelyn.Kunz@nrh.adac.de

She’ll sort it all out for you

NorthShaun
    Free Member

Got Greenflag European breakdown & recovery a few years ago when I went to France in the T2. Best £30 I ever spent! Do it, regardless of cost!

addy6402

About 6 years ago the slave cylinder went on my T4 somewhere in mid France. The RAC were very good and arranged taxis/hire car/accommodation for a week or so whilst VW sorted it out. I think we had c.€1000 of benefit from a £70 or so policy. Well worth it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘European campervan breakdown cover’ is closed to new replies.