Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,247 total)
  • Euro 2016 begins!
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

Marchon, marchon

More Marseilles singing in our household to come, always amuses the hell out of me that I know all the verses and most of my French family do not. Fabulous anthem, a proper bloody battle song

Edukator
    Free Member

You realize that you’re going to have to post a vid of yourself singing all the verses to prove it if France wins. Your family don’t know the words but I bet they can conjugate the verbs. 😉

I only know as far as kids learn in school, and now I’ve learned the score I need to work on some more interesting versions. A blues version would lose the military beat but a country version might work.

molgrips
    Free Member

The fix is in, Rockape. I have chucked a fiver on Portugal.

That’s a team player there.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Good man Bongo……love this:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav2kkvakGY[/video]

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s the big one….the one which has every Englishman digging through their family tree to find an Uncle Alwyn to legitimise cheering on The Dragons 🙂

Portugal v Wales

I am not going to pick a team, as we all know I have the kiss of death, but it’s worth noting that Ronaldo hasn’t really been firing, which means he’ll either continue to misfire or have a worldy. Portugal have scraped through this far, but that can be as dangerous as demolishing everyone in their path. They know how to do just enough to get through.

Wales are without probably their best player, Robbie Savage Aaron Ramsey, and Ben Davies will also be a miss.

Score predictions: No idea.

Coverage predictions: It’s ITV, so going to be shit.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Coverage predictions: It’s ITV, so going to be shit

Or, more likely, 5 minutes about Wales, then the rest gnashing teeth about the English galacticos and the new manager. And that dick Hoddle.

molgrips
    Free Member

Praying for a free flowing M4 tonight….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am playing for a free flowing game, myself 😉

binners

The biggest thing about tonight is the fact that Aaron Ramsey isn’t playing. Everyone has been banging on about Bale and Ronnie, while forgetting to mention the one man who’s probably been the best at the tournament.

But the way the Welsh have played so far, maybe the rest of the team will do it for him. Seems like they’ve got that kind of thing going on as a squad.

The opposite of watching Ronnie throwing his arms in the air and berating his team mates for their failure to deliver that inch perfect pass to him

COME ON WALES!!!!!!!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am playing for a free flowing game, myself

Praying even….

The opposite of watching Ronnie throwing his arms in the air and berating his team mates for their failure to deliver that inch perfect pass to him

I was listening to 5Live, and can’t remember who said it, but they commented:

“When a teammate misplaces a pass. Ronaldo berates him”
    “When the ref gives a decision against him, Ronaldo berates him”
    “When Ronaldo makes a mistake, Ronaldo berates his teammates and the ref.”

Rockape63
    Free Member

COME ON WALES!!!!!!!!

Indeed….I think its fair to say that the whole of Wales are incredibly excited about the game tonight. Considerably more so than that other game they play with the funny shaped ball. Wouldn’t it be great if they can knock Ronnie and his mates out!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Whats happened to Seosamh77 anyway….he’s disappeared from his own thread!

I wonder if its the shame of saying he fancied England to do well this time! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Indeed….I think its fair to say that the whole of Wales are incredibly excited about the game tonight. Considerably more so than that other game they play with the funny shaped ball. Wouldn’t it be great if they can knock Ronnie and his mates out!

I think that as a non-sporting person (ie, those in Wales that don’t follow a team as such) it is so much easier to understand football. Ball in net = goal, one goal = one point. Rugby (in the same way as tennis or cricket or Le Tour etc) relies on the viewer actually understanding the whole picture much more.

And with that, they will find it easier to jump on the bandwagon and cheer them on.

Cmoe on Wales.

molgrips
    Free Member

Considerably more so than that other game they play with the funny shaped ball.

Hah..

I think that as a non-sporting person (ie, those in Wales that don’t follow a team as such) it is so much easier to understand football. Ball in net = goal, one goal = one point. Rugby (in the same way as tennis or cricket or Le Tour etc) relies on the viewer actually understanding the whole picture much more.

You don’t understand.. every Welsh person* understands rugby…

* ok not exactly everyone, but almost.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member
    Whats happened to Seosamh77 anyway….he’s disappeared from his own thread!

I wonder if its the shame of saying he fancied England to do well this time! Been sitting on the naughty step for the last week! 😆

Anyhow, wales france final is what i’m going for!

Apologies to the welshists if I just jinxed it!

seosamh77
    Free Member

I wonder if its the shame of saying he fancied England to do well this time!

I did think so, until I see them in their first game! 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@binners +1 from me especially on Ramsey. I do think Wales however have the tools to get the job done.

A massive Come on Wales from me.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Should be a good game, Portugal misfiring and Wales playing for each other. Ramsay will be missed, hopefully they still pull through.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As I alluded to earlier, I think Portugal have that scraping through thing going on. As such, I think they may bore there way to a win.

spekkie
    Free Member

Hoping for some Welsh passion to get them through, put G into a good mood so he can perform at le tour tomorrow 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Pepe is not fit to start for Portugal. Now who am I going to throw things at?

It’s good news for Wales, as despite being a complete ****, he’s also a really good defender.

Portugal (4-1-3-2) Rui Patricio; Cedric, Bruno Alves, Fonte, Guerreiro; Danilo; Joao Mario, Renato Sanches, Adrien Silva; Nani, Ronaldo.

Wales (3-5-1-1) Hennessey; Chester, Williams, Collins; Gunter, Allen, Ledley, King; Taylor; Bale; Robson-Kanu.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Fun fact: In the last nine months, England have beaten all four of the semi-finalists.

😯

Rockape63
    Free Member

You know where you can stick your fun fact Bongo!

spekkie
    Free Member

Fun fact : England are out 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Here on Swedish TV we’ve just had a live broadcast from Cardiff with people standing outside a Greggs

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You know where you can stick your fun fact Bongo!

😀

Fun fact : England are out

Clattenburg representin’ in the finals 😉

binners

Well I’ve bet on a Wales win, and a 2-1 score

COME ON WALES!!!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Why is neither team wearing red?

binners

Ronnie is getting rared already. I predict lots of throwing himself at the floor

senorj

Come on Wales.
    Looking forward to loads of pictures of Ronny sulking. 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Collins has to be a bit careful there.

binners

Loving the Italian style defending on Ronnie! 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

i think the ref won a prize to be there.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Portugal actually being able to defend, and Wales missing Ramsey, means this is going to be a low scoring affair I feel.

jimmy

Nice from Bale (not the pony tail)

molgrips
    Free Member

Not one-sided so far! 🙂

Good match.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I heard the top knot was to hide a bald spot.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s going to pens 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Come on the boyos. Me and uncle Daffodil are watching it in our favourite leek mine in Andy Pandy. Isn’t it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I won’t be able to cope with penalties. I was nervous at the Germany Italy one and I didn’t even care about the result!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,247 total)

The topic ‘Euro 2016 begins!’ is closed to new replies.