Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Oh dear… I heard a public broadcast on behalf of the Leave campaign n the radio earlier today. It’s made me want to vote to remain…

What a load of xenophobic bollox. Is that their only USP???! All it was about was keeping Jonny foreigner out and quoting inaccurate figures as to how much we contribute. Dire. In fact, worse than dire, incompetent direness by a factor of lots.

They’re all as bad as each other, I’d wager they’re all in it together and they’ve all decided that actually, we’re all on a good whack here, so let’s just keep the status quo and pretend some of us want to leave and just post up **** bollox about why.

FFS. People, it’s time we took matters into our own hands, and voting in this illusion of democracy is not it, you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wonder when the road to Damascus moment happened when the Tories who voted for the introduction of VAT on fuel suddenly changed their minds – last night?

So Bojo wants to be taken seriously and yet still he persists

The reason I think that it is legitimate to use the £350m figure is because that is the sum that we do send to Brussels and over which we have no control. Because after all what happens is about half of that disappears never to be seen again, and some of it goes to a Greek tobacco farmers, and some of it goes to support Spanish bull fighting and heaven knows what, we just – we don’t know what happens to it.

So in the post-truth political work, the strategy seems to be

1. Lie (we dont send them that sum and he knows that)
    2. Go for some irrelevant populist claptrap
    3. Make no attempt to link the two

What a load of xenophobic bollox. Is that their only USP???!

yes, concede the economic debate – we were exposed – and stick to xenophobia. We’re good on that one – in fact cant be beaten on it….

mefty
    Free Member

Isn’t that due to UK tax laws which the EU are now forcing a change on, that’s how I understand it.

No.

binners

Oh dear… I heard a public broadcast on behalf of the Leave campaign n the radio earlier today. It’s made me want to vote to remain…

Sweet baby jesus and the orphans!!! Have you seen the one they’ve just shown on the BBC?!!!! 😯

To summarise:

Are you a complete and utter ****ing moron? Are you distrustful of Johnny ****ing foreigner, and foreign muck generally?

Good!

Then vote leave!!!

That has been a broadcast on behalf of vote leave campaign

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rone what is going on in Ireland and Luxembourg is against the interests of the rest of Europe. Junker doesn’t care as he was responsible for making Luxembourg the richest country per head in Europe by exactly those means, no ?

Oh and Jamba, please answer THM, it’s getting to the point of rudeness now.

Read the thread, I have answered the point numerous time he doesn’t accept the answer.

Guardian poll shows the result hangs in the balance, I say again think this will be won by Leaver’s being passionate and motivated to vote.

The Albanian migrants show how Europe’s Schengen system is insane, totally bonkers. France had to wait until more than a hundred of it’s citizens where murdered before taking action.

mefty
    Free Member

Luxembourg has been the richest country per head in the EU for years, certainly predates Juncker rise to power – the first widely used Luxembourg tax scheme was the 1929 Holding Company regime.

Ireland is different – most of that is good old fashioned tax competition and some quirks inherited from us.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Excuse me missing the three (one word?) answers to my earlier questions – were the replies deleted?

What happens to £ today – was that a perverse vote of confidence?

Here’s another simple question

Bojo re-affirmed today that £350m was the correct figure specifically saying that this was the sum that we send to the EU. Was he telling the truth – yes or no? Hopefully this answer won’t be deleted.

Ireland is different – most of that is good old fashioned tax competition and some quirks inherited from us.

Amazing what can be achieved when you take control 😉 YS wanted to do the same !!!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’ve changed my mind and want to stay in 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On again at 19;55 on CH4

Junkyard
    Free Member

Read the thread, I have answered the point numerous time he doesn’t accept the answer.

You are TJ and I claim my Tandem ride

binners

Jammers, old boy… could you please watch the broadcast on Channel 4. Purleeez. I want to you to sit through every toe-curling second of it, then if you could do us all a critique of the points raised, and the tone generally.

After they’ve stopped all this win £50 million nonsense, it just dissolves into out and out xenophobic, little-englander, flag-waving claptrap of the most truly offensive nature. Proper lowest common denominator shit!

If thats all the outers have got, with weeks left, thats just embarrassing.

More worryingly, if thats the direction its now taking, I expect you’re lot will have resorted to laughable Allo Allo style caricatures by Thursday

Frankly its pathetic! And I’m gob-smacked that supposedly intelligent people can associate themselves with this wince-inducing petty, small-minded guff!

sbob
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Since inception the EU has grown into the largest economic entity in the world – The EU has failed on Economics according to OUTers!!

The economy hasn’t grown into the largest, the EU has expanded to become the largest.
    The majority of the rest of the world has seen greater growth.
    You know this.
    Disappointed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bit of both actually sbob – since the formation of the EU, the US and EU have grown at the same rate as each other on a PER CAPITA basis, although it is fair to say that the EU has lagged since the crisis, for obvious reasons.

But the impact of growth has been shared more widely in the EU than in the US – you can decide on whether that is a good or bad thing depending on your view

slackalice
    Free Member

Guardian poll shows the result hangs in the balance, I say again think this will be won by Leaver’s being passionate and motivated to vote.

And so they then release an advertisement that quite clearly demonstrates that if you have half a brain, you’ll vote to stay in.

Why?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just watched it, I’m in….

….shock. Beyond parody and ending in BLATANT lies. The Brexit case summed up perfectly

hora
    Free Member

So I’m now xenophobic? Right.

The remain camp once again throw around insults. I too watched a pro remain politician early smoothly telling us why we should remain ‘almost all the economists’ was one line.

Rule number one in life- treat all politicians as liers.

dazh

Frankly its pathetic! And I’m gob-smacked that supposedly intelligent people can associate themselves with this wince-inducing petty, small-minded guff!

You’re missing the point Binners, it’s now ok to be racist again. Everyone’s who’s harboured a negative thought or opinion about dirty foreigners now has carte blanche to express it without fear of being challenged. And if they are challenged they just shout SCHOOL PLACES! HOSPITAL BEDS! COUNCIL HOUSING! Because of course we all know that the main overriding concern of these back-to-the-1950s types is that there aren’t enough public services to meet the needs of this once great country.

binners

Now I’m not a racist, BUT……

Junkyard
    Free Member

The remain camp once again throw around insults. I too watched a pro remain politician early smoothly telling us why we should remain ‘almost all the economists’ was one line.

Rule number one in life- treat all politicians as liers.
    Awesome start with a moan about insults sandwich a slur in the next sentence , end on an insult
    Well done Hora

binners

I presume Jammers is still honing the detail of his critique of that particular televisual masterpiece. 😆

A high-point for the leave campaign. They just about stopped short of a rousing rendition of “2 world wars and one World Cup” sang by a fat bloke in Eng-er-land shirt

Tsk! Bloody foreigners Eh?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Some of my best friends are Turks, they are a delight.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The first few minutes were surreal

A warm welcome to post truth politics

slackalice
    Free Member

There you go! I thought my mind was at last made up and then the stupid plonkers have changed my mind for me.

That’s the trouble when you’ve got such a limited marketing budget for such an important decision, not like the GE at all. Anyway, pay PR companies peanuts…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Frankie’s on fire in the guardian. 😆

The politicians supporting Brexit are all dreadful, as are all the politicians against it, and most of the politicians for and against most things. The Leave movement looks like a group of villains cornered by Batman in a hall of mirrors. Who better to head up a campaign against unelected people ruling over us than Lord Lawson? Nigel Farage, a sort of end of level boss for Freudian psychoanalysis, has a face that only a mother could abandon to the boarding school system. And I’m always a bit wrongfooted by Michael Gove, possibly because I half expect to see him in a Hammer horror film, his tiny wooden hands tightening mercilessly round his owner’s throat as he cries, “Gichael! Gichael! Stockik Gichael!!”. Boris Johnson, looking like a Harry Potter spell that’s brought all the hair in Dumbledore’s plughole to life, said he would debate with Cameron, “Anytime, anyplace, anywhere”. How about everyday for the next four weeks in Aleppo?

slackalice
    Free Member

A warm welcome to post truth politics

THM, you think we’re not already there? And have been for at least 20 years, more likely nearly 40 as we don’t want party politics involved here.

Wakey wakey chap! Keep up. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

You guys think too much.

Just Vote OUT.

Unless you want to remain forever under the thumb of the elites who keep putting you in your position.

Remember if you Vote OUT you can still save the world … you know.
    You can still be the best in the world.
    You can still be respected.
    Australia, NZ and Canada will still love you if you Vote OUT.

Drac

No.

Thanks for your very in depth explanation Mefty.

mefty
    Free Member

PLeasure – frankly your statement was so completely divorced from the true position, it was too difficult to explain it.

Drac

You mean you have no idea.

mefty
    Free Member

I have a very good idea – much of which has been explained on this and other threads – just can’t be bothered to do from the very first principles of international taxation – life’s too short.

mikey74
    Free Member

Unless you want to remain forever under the thumb of the elites who keep putting you in your position.

We’d still have the same government, you know.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

We’d still have the same government, you know. [/quote] Ya, but at least everyone is happy.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ya, but at least everyone is happy.

🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

Ya, but at least everyone is happy.

🙄 [/quote] Yes, even the remain will be happy to breath the fresh air again because the air is stale as it is now.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Who’s happy?

Also, Frankies toned it down a bit, almost makes him look likeable…

chewkw
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    Who’s happy?

Everyone!

Everyone will be happy including the remain.

It’s like breathing fresh air for once.

It’s like an adult finally rekindles long lost freedom again.

Even the Scots (freedommm!) will be happy once more.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Aye okay, keep at whatevers doing that for you…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

You guys think too much.

Presumably that’s something you feel confident you’ll never be accused of.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

chewkw – Member
    You guys think too much.

Presumably that’s something you feel confident you’ll never be accused of. [/quote]The thinking bit is over now coz it’s time for everyone to feel happy to Vote OUT.
    Trust me everyone will be happy including the remain when they see the light at the end of the tunnel. 😛

jambalaya
    Free Member

Evening all, hope you’ve had a good one.Will catch the broadcast on YouTube tomorrow binners. Read some very interesting pieces today on EU. Tiusk is getting quite stressed about the centralising direction the EU is taking and how its ignoring the increasing disquiet throughout Europe about the EU and the rise of the far right as a result. Some thoughts that Junker may push for faster and deeper integration as a result of Brexit with a stubborn UK out of the way (are you listening Scotland ?).

Who care if Leave have only 1 campaign issue (they don’t as a matter of fact) if that’s enough to deliver victory then job done. It would be pretty careless of Remain to lose if the opposition only had one argument, surely they have a counter ?

@mefty international tax law is not fit for purpose in the internet age, it needs a re-write and the EU is certainly not the body to do so.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.