Viewing 40 posts - 63,721 through 63,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • pondo

5 million on the petition. #justsayin

zippykona

Does anyone know a golfer that didn’t vote to leave?

Houns

My brother and my cousins

mickmcd
    Free Member

Gove?

F no!

A backstabbing Judas if ever there was one..

If your going to unite a nation in something…hold on some people will actually think gove is a stand-up guy

perchypanther
    Free Member

Does anyone one know a cyclist who pays road tax?

dannyh
    Free Member

My Dad. But I believe he is becoming increasingly unpopular at his golf club because he dares to point out one or two holes (no pun intended) in many of the arguments bandied around the clubhouse.

ChrisL

A couple of my mates are architects and golfing seems to come with that territory. They’re both remainers.

rascott
    Free Member

I have a mate who plays a lot of golf. He voted leave.

He also signed the petition and supports a 2nd referendum

ransos
    Free Member

Does anyone one know a cyclist who pays road tax?

I don’t know anyone who pays road tax.

kelvin

BBC reporting that the Maybot has summoned some MPs to Chequers for an emergency summit.

All are the usual suspects – members of the ERG. So once again it looks like the headbangers are the only ones being consulted

Oh, what a jolly wheeze this all is for those making millions out of playing with the country as if it was their birthright to wield such power…

zippykona

Let’s please hope the poor little sod rebels and becomes a lion tamer or anything but follow in his father’s footsteps.

Del

Christ almighty that **** hunt is in the running!?

mattyfez

It’s a very shallow pool of talent to choose from. Basically any tory could run for leadership and be in with a fighting chance of winning.

May will carry the cross until further notice.

dannyh
    Free Member

Knocking on for 5.2 million now……..

mickmcd
    Free Member

anyone see boris johnsons car?

Northwind

Hunt’s been building a leadership case for about a year. I guess what he can say in his favour is that few of the awful things he’ve done have been through incompetence, Tories lap that up. A health secretary who pursued a policy that killed and crippled people by deterring them from going to hospital? That’s the sort of no-nonsense thinking we’ll need post brexit.

jam-bo

as if it was their birthright to wield such power…

Well son? Do you want to play football and watch cartoons this afternoon or go tell the prime minister what to do…

tpbiker
    Free Member

So why exactly is that twunt mogg going along? Surely he’s no more relevant than any other back bencher? Or does he hold some special position that I am un aware of…other than shouty right-wing baw sack ?

Del

Well, they say Brexit is divisive, bit since spamming a bunch of friends on WhatsApp about the revoke petition my phone’s never been so busy, in a good way.

dissonance

Didnt seem to stand out. Duncan Smith was looking a bit toad of toad hall though.

other than shouty right-wing baw sack ?

Leader of the ERG so speaks for a whole load of shouty right-wing baw sacks.

Curious the only people she is speaking with are the brexiteer lunatics.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So why exactly is that twunt mogg going along? Surely he’s no more relevant than any other back bencher? Or does he hold some special position that I am un aware of

Yeah ring leader of the ERG so effectively in control of 50-80 Tory MP’s a sizeable faction.

She is only speaking to the Brexiteers is they are going to rebel and screw it up for her, she can probably cobble together enough support without them but they are going to rail for a hard brexit.

pondo

No, but in my head it would look like a clown car, and I would post a picture of one if I could be arsed to suss it out.

imnotverygood

I worry that the closer we are to getting this stopped (or at least voted on again) the more likely the ERG are going to panic & end up supporting May so as not to lose some form of Brexit. It’s hugely frustrating.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In terms of them supporting her the issue she has is that she needs the ERG, DUP, most of her remain colleagues and possibly some Labour, she is going nowhere near the other 2 at the moment. For those against any kind of Brexit this weekend showed them it’s possible and there is a decent amount of support from the people to push on,

slowoldman

It does beg the question who called the meeting?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is that even a question?
    They feel like they call the shots, hopefully it’s more like putting in requests to the Titanic band

Also a quick look back at the petition map
    https://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=241584
    Has quite a few Tory MP’s in the 10-15% bracket for signatures that is going to start and hurt the ones she really needs who are the remainers in the party – or those not willing to see the entire world burn

flipiddy
    Free Member

Let’s please hope the poor little sod rebels and becomes a lion tamer or anything but follow in his father’s footsteps.

Safe to assume he is being groomed.

One thing that will come out of this sorry affair is a much wiser, angrier youth. With very good reason.

They’ve been utterly shafted by their older generations with grossly inflated education costs, increasing retirement age, pensions, housing costs, general living standards falling and now Brexit.

Expect some quality politicians rising through the ranks in ooohhh… 10-15 years.

What we are seeing now is the result of extended youth apathy with the likes of Dominic Raab rising far higher on the greasy pole than his abilities and intelligence warrant.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One thing that will come out of this sorry affair is

Whoever suggested petitions is going to be in a lot of trouble
    5.3 😉

kimbers

nothing changes

kelvin

First member of the government [Mark Field] to say they’ll vote in accordance with that petition. Being able to see the break down of the signatories by MP’s constituencies might well have helped him make that move. If you haven’t signed, do… it could help change the balance of pressures on your own MP.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stunning isn’t how removing the name on the deal suddenly makes it much better!! I can see why they are suspicious lead by donkeys might be ringing true for some of them

the prospect of the Farage like treatment of a rolling video screen following you showing how you railed against every reading of the bill. I’d pay for that to happen

kelvin

What went wrong?

https://amp.ft.com/content/5f3df8bc-4c03-11e9-bde6-79eaea5acb64

Has former Brexit secretary David Davis worked out that his plan to leave the EU while retaining “the exact same benefits” as staying in the single market, was a little ambitious? Or that the Germans actually care more about the integrity of the EU than about selling Brits BMWs? Has Michael Gove finally noticed that we did not after all “hold all the cards” the day after we voted to leave? Has anyone worked out that frictionless trade is quite complicated, and that the dreary Brussels machinery does a good job for us?

The whole piece is full of obvious sense… I won’t cut’n’paste it all though, as the FT has a paywall (of sorts). You should get one free read.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://petitions.acadweb.co.uk/overview/229963

For some comparison and maybe somebody needs to run the bot check 😉 The Leave with no deal just got the sort of boost that you know doesn’t make sense 🙂

el_boufador

It’s remainers rigging it to make them look dishonest

nickc

Curious the only people she is speaking with are the brexiteer lunatics.

You do understand that May still intends to enact Brexit, right?

dazh

What’s gonna happen this week then? Will the Tory remainers finally grow some balls and put country before their party? Amber Rudd, Gauke, Hammond, Grieve, Clarke et al are the only people preventing May’s fall and a softer, less brexity solution.

For my money I’m going for a collapse of the govt, no confidence vote and a new election. If that happens labour will need to campaign on a promise of a 2nd vote. It’ll be time for Corbyn to bow to the inevitable in addition to May.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the Sun want her gone (but with praise), Telegraphs wants Borris by the looks of it, the Express is just recycling headlines again 😉 Rest seem stuck working out if this is real or just a diversion.

The key for today is what people try and keep off indicative votes – rumours were there that they wanted to keep Revoke off the list cause you know nobody wants that…..

zippykona

If the tories are looking to sub their leader is this a good time for labour to pull off their tired left back and put on a more attacking centre forward?

kelvin

I’m amazed bonnets hashn’t mentioned this;

Great. Whaboutery, on this week of all weeks. What an utterly shite leader. Still, if you want Brexit and “your people” don’t, then I suppose it’s a plan of sorts.

Edit: oh… that link posted was from weeks ago… ignore me. I thought it was news.

Edit: My local Labour councillor said that he would have been at the march on Saturday, if the party didn’t have a “day of action” doorstepping for the local elections on the same day. Which was planned first? Was this just coincidence, or a smart way of using the “party machine” to keep Labour people away from the March?

Viewing 40 posts - 63,721 through 63,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.