Viewing 40 posts - 42,121 through 42,160 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • dudeofdoom

Eh, don’t forget civil engineering! Sewers and potable water supplies were the first step.

Romans wasn’t it 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

and what happens to the NHS when Carillion goes under, or will the Tories find some more money on the Magic money tree to throw another bung?

Does anyone think the Tories can actually pull Brexit off with out crashing out completely? That they are still polling at 40% really says something about the Labour party.

airtragic
    Free Member

It’s the one thing money should go to by default before the likes of nukes and aircraft carriers are even considered.

NHS budget about £130bn, from memory. Defence budget about £35bn.

tjagain

airtragic – plus the amount for the nukes. so the NHS needs about 20% more dosh. thats less than the defense budget and far less if you include the useless nukes

tjagain

schadenfreude – I love it. It couldn’t happen to a nicer man

Nigel Farage is being docked half his monthly MEP salary after a European parliament investigation alleged he had misspent public funds intended for staffing his office.

The former Ukip leader, who recently bemoaned being “53, separated and skint”, will lose €40,000 (£35,500) in total, the Guardian has learned, after European parliament auditors concluded he had misspent that amount of EU funds.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

airtragic
    Free Member

airtragic – plus the amount for the nukes. so the NHS needs about 20% more dosh. thats less than the defense budget and far less if you include the useless nukes

The bombers are included in the defence budget. I’m in favour of more money for the nhs fwiw, was just addressing the argument that the nhs should be funded “before nukes and carriers”; it is, it (rightly) gets lots more money.

martinhutch

schadenfreude – I love it. It couldn’t happen to a nicer man

Awesome

Farage has the right to appeal at the European court of justice.

Bit of a quandary. 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The flats/clips poll currently stands at 52% flats.

Just saying.

martinhutch

Well, they do take back control as opposed to leaving the user locked into an overpriced machine.

jam-bo

Some people continue to vote conservative irrespective of how incoherent and incomplete they demonstrate themselves to be but I won’t.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If Farage / UKIP have broken the rules then the EU should recover the money. They are trying to get something €500,000 back from Le Pen. It does smack of politics and sour hraoes as the EU admits it looses €6 billion pa to fraud and Junket et all won’t provide receipts for expensies as it’s too dodfixult (paper copies only) and too controverisal (ie the row over “air taxis” is a distraction !!!!)

That Cambridge Econometris / Kahn “analysis” was total garbage. I waded trhough 40 of the 86 pages and it’s so biased to Remainiaca it’s ridiculous. Just Osbourne Mark 2. Once again wrotten for headlines with liberal use of the work “could” amd with a “worst case scenario” of WTO only, no deal at all with the EU of any kind nor anybody else.

Toally intellectually worthless

Twodogs

Remainiaca

Ooh…genius! Not seen that one!

Twodogs

Almost as clever as remoaner

Edukator
    Free Member

Another vote for flats, but I suspect if it were a real vote rather than just a poll clips would win, it’s embarassing to admit you ride clips to a pollster but in the safety of a voting booth you don’t have to worry about being unenlightened.

kimbers

Jambs you were in favour of the WTO option, you’ve repeatedly said so, suddenly it’s a worst case scenario?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Remainiaca

Toally intellectually worthless

mattyfez

I think Labour might be in for a shock if there’s a GE..

Thier surge in popularity in the last GE can be easily explained..

A lot of Liberal Democrats, including myself voted Labour purely to prevent a tory majority, also a lot of students and young people voted Labour as they thought Labour were more about doing the best for the good of the country, and it’s since become apparent that corbyn is so anti EU he whipped his MPs into propping up the tory agenda at the cost of everything else.

What a kerfuffle.

deadkenny
    Free Member

also a lot of students and young people voted Labour as they thought Labour were more about doing the best for the good of the country

Or at least those with liberal leaning refused to vote liberal because of the supposed broken promise on tuition fees (promise they could never achieve in a coalition). They were unlikely to vote Tory either except the Oxbridge types and members of young Tory groups, so it’s Labour or beers down the student union and screw voting.

dudeofdoom

Grown ups better get on with it.

Notice to stake holders road transport

Funny but our driving licenses aren’t going to be valid like the good old days, only for holidays 🙁

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“Vamos” el £

dudeofdoom

Does anyone think the Tories can actually pull Brexit off with out crashing out completely

FFS they can’t even tweet the new deputy pms name correctly 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes.

Ok non- consensus but May may 😉 just pull it off

Slowly but surely both sides are starting to see some sense – Spanish and Dutch

Imagine a woman with a track record of screwing things up finally surprises everyone.

kimbers

Imagine a woman with a track record of screwing things up finally surprises everyone

Are you trying to say May influenced them

Her nonshuffle was a great reminder of how much of a passenger she is

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why knows perhaps nos amis are relieved to have a less confrontational woman to deal with and in true misogynistic fashion end up underestimating her

Early days but so far she is ahead of most expectations. Hence the increasingly fantastical moaning going on

jam-bo

Early days but so far she is ahead of most expectations

does this mean if I’m expecting a complete **** shambles, only a partial shambles can be claimed as a success.

might try that at work. underpromise and overdeliver and all that.

cchris2lou

the EU said what they wanted and she said yes , not hard is it ?

kilo

the EU said what they wanted and she a grownup said yes , not hard is it ?

ftfy

dudeofdoom

Does anyone think the Tories can actually pull Brexit off with out crashing out completely

FFS they can’t even tweet the new deputy pms name correctly [/quote]

Oh the irony I really meant party chairman.

dudeofdoom

Ok non- consensus but May may just pull it off

I wouldn’t rush to attribute success to her.

Crashing out wont do anyone any favours as the EU would have to do something with the NI border and I doubt they really want to get embroiled in that.

She’ll just agree to us paying a yearly fee for associate eu non affiliated access and there will be some cleverly phrased access to the market granted.

(The eu will be the people having their cake and eating it.)

dudeofdoom

the EU said what they wanted and she said yes , not hard is it ?

Don’t forget it’s took 18 Months to say yes…

Might as well have agreed way earlier but I suppose when your making it up on the fly you plod on hoping something might happen.

tjagain

Early days but so far she is ahead of most expectations

I assume May? Actually she has fallen far short of my expectations for her. I thought she hasd the personal strength to deal with folk like Gove, Hut and Johnson. I was wrong. she has done a far worse job than I thought she would do. I thought she would salvage somethig out of the mess. She hasn’t and now cannot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fallen so short that she delivered many of the things deemed impossible by remoaners.

On top of that the economy has outperformed expectations too and manufacturing rebounding.

Good that some have been getting on with life instead of moaning and advocating economic sabotage.

Junkyard
    Free Member

she delivered many of the things deemed impossible by remoaners.

who said capitulation by the PM as she acquiesced to the EU and gave up her red lines was impossible?
    I am more concerned by those who argue this was her great success. What strange judgement they have, loyal, but misguided, fools I fear.

sobriety
    Free Member

underpromise and overdeliver and all that.

Aim to totally **** it up and only mostly **** it up?

jam-bo

Fallen so short that she delivered many of the things deemed impossible by remoaners.

I thought nothing was agreed until everything was agreed?

zippykona

I thought the stupid **** bitch would have killed herself by now, so yes she has exceeded my expectations.

kelvin

A lot of Liberal Democrats, including myself voted Labour purely to prevent a tory majority, also a lot of students and young people voted Labour as they thought Labour were more about doing the best for the good of the country, and it’s since become apparent that corbyn is so anti EU he whipped his MPs into propping up the tory agenda at the cost of everything else.

This.

crazy-legs

Caught the tail end of Farrage on BBC News earlier prattling on about another referendum on Brexshite.. says he’d support it.

Having failed miserably to ingratiate himself with Trump, he’s popped up back on this side of the pond for some more self-publicising shite.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/12/referendum-ii-farage-brexit-steve-bannon

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought the stupid **** bitch would have killed herself by now, so yes she has exceeded my expectations.

Classy

dudeofdoom

Liam Fox is currently banging the drum for Britain across the globe as other nations beat a path to his door to secure trade deals with post-Brexit Britain

I do love a bit of Sun what with the exit stamp campaign in full flight.

Viewing 40 posts - 42,121 through 42,160 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM