Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Erlestoke SPAM Blast- This Sunday
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

No affiliation to the organisers at all just thought it might be nice to know what to expect on Sunday as this will be the first time I have entered anything around the Salisbury Plain for about 7 years.

25km course, 1,2 or 3 laps
    400m climbing per lap
    9:00 registration start, 11:00 ride start
    Hopefully lots of fun 😀

Anything I am missing?

Racing Ralphs even if we have more rain? Not too many super greasy singletrack or deep mud?

Short sharp climbs, bit of a mix of gravel, chalk, wooded singletrack with some flat wide open sections?

Does that sound about right to the insiders? 😀

c_klein87

I should be there doing the 75km option,

i ride there locally over the winter and ralphs *should* be ok, its what I use, but only on the back over the winter, we’ve not had vast amounts of rain so should be fairly solid ground still.

Chris

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com/

DanW
    Free Member

I will have a front wheel with a grippier tyre on in the car with me in case I have a last minute lack of confidence in the Ralphs 😀

Is it a reasonably low-key event as there don’t seem to be many people signed up over on the XCracer entry list? Maybe lots of entries on the day?

c_klein87

SPAM aren’t the best at advertising, and i believe entry on the day is same price, so the weak minded will wait for the weather forecast…..erlestoke is fun, it’ll be a good blast and ag good crowd usually shows up. I’ll be there on a chinese 29er of some description =)

DanW
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info Chris. Anything that helps me know a little more of what to expect on Sunday is always welcome 😀

I think there were only around 50 people in all categories (or at least that is what it felt like!) in the SPAM blast I did ages ago. It was quite fun in a way being crammed in a small side road at the start rather than a big open field like some events and having a good ride with a small group of like minded people 😀

DanW
    Free Member

Racing Ralph front and rear is looking unlikely if the Plain has seen the same rain we have had today 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Erlestoke SPAM Blast- This Sunday’ is closed to new replies.