Home Forums Bike Forum Ergon Saddles (SM Pro Vs SM Core)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ergon Saddles (SM Pro Vs SM Core)
  • spooky_b329

Just had a quick go on a colleagues bike, he had an Ergon SM Core with the twinshell (firm top padding on the top shell and then responsive padding on the base so the saddle can flex/absorb bumps without pinching)

The Ergon website is also recommending the SM Pro which is quite a bit lighter, a tad cheaper and reassuring words like aircell padding and Orthocell Inlays. It loses the twinshell padding though, gut feeling is the saddle being able to tilt whilst pedalling might benefit comfort.

Has anyone tried both?  I suffer with buttock/sit bone pressure and the last £££ saddle purchase is not making the grade!

steezysix
    Free Member

Interested in this too, I’ve always got on with Specialized Henge saddles but recently they have been giving me problems and the Ergon range seems to be pretty well thought out!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not a direct comparison but I may be able to offer some help. I’ve always favoured flatter saddles. Specialized Alias/Toupe, I’m also one of only 3 people in the world that liked the Bel Air 2.0.

I run the SM Pro on both mountain bikes. I favour more technical terrain so there’s more moving about.

My gravel bike has the SR Allroad Core as I’m sat down more and there’s less squish (tyres or suspension) than the other bikes.

It’s a noticeably more absorbent saddle than the SM but I have no desire to switch them out for Core versions.

James Thomas (bikefitjames) has some interesting thoughts on saddle width that make sense so I’ve always picked the narrower ones and been fine, despite what some ass-ometers might suggest.

nwgiles

I have the SM core saddle on all my bikes, road, gravel and mtb.

For me it made a big difference in comfort. The differences are a little more plush top material which wears aware and different materials,ie the team saddles are ti.

mudpup
    Free Member

I have an SM Core on the eBike. It’s the most instantly comfortable saddle I’ve had in 35 years of riding. A gamechanger.

And as a butt reference my other 2 bikes have an old original Fizik Gobi and an old original SDG Belair from about 20 years ago

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.