Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ergon grips, how did you get on with them?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got big hands and find the ODI grips I have a wee bit small. I had a quick look at Ergon grips that are available in a couple of sizes, some even with a bar end.

Anyone tried them and liked them or not?

Junkyard
    Free Member

they seem a bit marmite
    i like mine but not for SS as they dont have enough grip when “rowing” uphill

You need to set them up right though as the angle you want them at when going downhill is not the angle you want for general riding so a bit of messing is required IMHO

wwaswas

I have them on all my bikes and really like them. Only issue really is if are someone who drops their wrists when climbing.

thepurist

Used em when I had a broken hand then took them off and haven’t been tempted back. They’re still in the drawer in the garage…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Love them!

I’ve got the GP2’s, which have the small bar end, on both of my bikes. Very comfortable for longer distance riding for me. I probably wouldn’t go back to normal grips now.

PMK2060

I like em! I find the small bar ends useful when going uphill.

longwayhome
    Free Member

I like them but they’re damn expensive!

Have some GP2’s but find the integrated bar ends too small to be useful.

Looking for some GP1’s at a sensible price.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I love mine, used them on mtb’s for 8 years and wont be changing.

Shame drop bars aren’t as comfy as after a few hours on drops I start wondering how you coyld make them as comfy – after a few houes riding with my ergon grips I dont think about my hands and wrists at all

brokensoul
    Free Member

I got some from SITS in 2005ish, used them on my only mtb for 5 or 6 years, till they were looking a bit threadbare. They were comfy and much better wearing than the ODIs I’d had before them, so I bought another pair. They’re still on the bike.

ton

love em to bits
    when I eventually find some bars that suit my fubar wrists, I will buy some more.

faint
    Free Member

have you looked at the race face “good ‘n’ evil”. Huge diameter compared to standard grips. Only saying as I do not like flat grips, prefer a more rounded shape. I swapped the G’n’E for GA1’s as my short fingers could not wrap around the G’n’E, the Ergon’s do have a querky end clamp which can be a annoying. WTB bring back your trail grips please (non dual compound)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Perhaps I could liberate those lurking in thepurists drawer. Looks like router took a direct lightning hit.

Blackhound

I tried them and didn’t like them. I then, for some reason, bought the Specialized BG version and liked them a lot. They were a bit worn after 2 big tours in USA plus other loads of other riding and decided to retry the Ergon’s. Still did not like them!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

McM, YGM.

thepurist

I’ll drop you a mail with pics n stuff tomorrow Mr Moont

ratherbeintobago

GS1’s on the bike and like them (got numb hands with round grips).

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive got various set – even as a large handed person i use the small sized ones.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Tried them for about a year couldn’t get on with them went back to race face good n evil 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have a set of ODI Rouge grips that I’m happy to send you if you want to try the larger style ODI grips, I didn’t get on with them so you can have them for free if you want, hell I’ll even pay the postage, no lock rings though.
    Email me if you want them, you can call it payback for your inspiration.

Cheers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

they worked sitting or standing not both ime.

fatboyjon

They’re definitely Marmite product as above, I’ve got them on all my MTBs and love them, I don’t think I’d go back to round grips. And I’ve got big shovel hands.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks guys Nobeerinthefridge has a pair with my name on them. Fair exchange for a vice and other favours.

TiRed

Love mine (Small GP 1s). They need to be set at a careful angle. I had Large ones but my delicate small hands were always uncomfortable. Then I switched to small.

i like mine but not for SS as they dont have enough grip when “rowing” uphill

I’ve had mine on a SS and love them, Mind you. I have some new funky bars that makes hauling on them to climb a breeze. Teen 2 casting admiring glances at those grips last week:

Northwind

I really like them on my commuter but I find them useless on the mtb, I like to move my hands too much I think.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I moved from Oury’s to ESI chunky grips which are by far the most comfortable I’ve ever used. But – you’ve only got to look at them and they crumble.

I’d consider the extra chunky though.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Love em – I’ve got a problem with “trigger thumb” and really helps.
    Very comfortable.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ergon grips, how did you get on with them?’ is closed to new replies.