Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Enough arguing – lets ride our bikes (plans & pics thread)
  • matt_outandabout

Some DIY today and at last my bike is back working, so Sunday is a big day out. I’ve three boys pleading for Innerliethan.

What are you upto?

beltaine
    Free Member

Morning. Out shortly for a quick ride around the local trails. Family stuff after that.

blader1611
    Free Member

Off for a big ride around Nidderdale for the annual xmas ride,beer and curry day.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might take the kids to Beecraigs.

jekkyl

we have a weekend planned of festive family stuff so my weekend ride was last night. Still finished at 11.50pm, did 30 miles and had a close interaction with a Barn Owl, absolutely cracking.

siwhite
    Free Member

Swinley in the fog this morning, and then either a gravel bike blast dark and early tomorrow morning, or an hour on Zwift. Hopefully the former!

bikebouy
    Free Member

The weekend started for me yesterday..

Bloody awesome big wave day down at Hayling Island, very early session, very big munchy waves, very big smiles, huge aches and pains.. 1 broken board, a few snapped leashes, exhaustion… shore dump.

Day off today, I ache.

jekkyl

here he is:

He was directly above me as I cycled down this dark lane. He then swooped off to this branch a bit further away, where he sat watching me for ages and allowed me to get a pic or two. It’s moments like these that make cycling at night & cycling in general so ace.

jimw
    Free Member

Today, I will mostly be fencing

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

He was directly above me as I cycled down this dark lane.

I had a similar Barn owl experience a few years back.Had a Barn owl flying about 15 ft to the side of me for what seemed like a minute on a misty spring day,(the owl was flying along the adjacent field drain sluice).It’s one of those moments you don’t forget.
    I’ve got to work today but seeing as I signed up for the ‘Dirty Reiver’ I’ll be getting some miles in on this tomorrow

cynic-al
    Free Member

Enough arguing…are you new here?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Seeing as I am sick in bed i would prefer a good argument

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Fantastic pictures Bikebouy.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sadly today’s ride will consist of a 5mile ride to the office where I shall store the bike, change into decent clothes and then catch a train to Reading for a bit of shopping.
    Later I shall return to the office and ride home.
    Tomorrow I’ll do the same except I shall catch a train to see my brother. Next weekend is looking a bit soggy so far but the day after boxing day I shall be in Weymouth/Bristol for a week of riding and partying.

bob_summers

I’ve been out already, out in the dark at 6.45 for two hilly hours on road before nipping up to France this afternoon for Xmas shopping.

kiwijohn

Ill advised choice of bike for the Loam Line, but anyway.

Finishing the day with a gin & bombay sapphire is really quite ordinary. Should have picked up a local drop.

slowoldman

Bikes?

Digby

Great pictures Bikebouy!

Kryton57

Enough arguing

Thread reported 😉

fatboyjon

jimw – Member 
    Today, I will mostly be fencing

Putting up a boundary or poking at someone with an oversized letter opener?

jimw
    Free Member

Puppy proofing the garden, so the former luckily, athough there may well be some blood drawn in the process

stewartc
    Free Member

New bike lovin on Friday afternoon though these fellas were not that bothered….

Followed by more of it today.

corroded
    Free Member

Fantastic pics Bikebouy. Hayling, well I never!
    Second the owl-y moments.

I’m working this weekend. Might try and get out for a sprint around QECP and up Butser on Sunday if I’m a good boy today.

matt_outandabout

Stewartc – I never realised you lived in Grimesthorpe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rest?
    Rest when you’re dead.

I’m still spitting seawater out of my nose.

kayak23

Great pics bikebouy.

Disaster late start today after getting locked out of a house with drunk folk in it who wouldn’t wake up to let me in to get my bike.
    It redeemed itself though by a cracking ride and explore in the Forest of Dean.

trail_rat
    Free Member

2.5hours in Scolty this morning with an awesome sun rise 🙂

righog
    Free Member

First Ride on the New CDF, put together a 10 mile local Urban Gravel Ride.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Barely able to stand upright, but fighting it..the need inside..to surf some more.. early session, tide on the push, the last remnants of the swell caught..
    Blimey, what a few days it’s been.

shermer75
    Free Member

Bikebuoy wins the award for biggest selfie stick lol

maxtorque

kayak23

It redeemed itself though by a cracking ride and explore in the Forest of Dean.

Anyone else dying to know if kayak made that ^^^ right hander or not??? 😉

mcnultycop

Just 40km mixed road, towpath and a tiny bit of decent off road on the CX adventure road gnarmac weapon (Arkose) today. Quite enjoyed it, but I have been putting off replacing the rear tyre as it has very little central tread left, which caused a near crash on a leaf litter slop climb.

kayak23

Anyone else dying to know if kayak made that ^^^ right hander or not???

I sure did. I took the photo! 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

A bit of fat biking round and about here.

martinhutch

Finally demo-ed a Cotic Flare yesterday for an hour or so around Calver in the Peak yesterday. Lovely. 🙂

Fun 30 miles back from Clapham to Skipton trying to reduce the amount of time it takes me to clip in (second time out on clipless). Got it down from about 100 scrabbly yards at the start to about five yards by the end, and managed not to forget to unclip either, unlike last time out.

scotroutes

A wee bit of fat and chubby biking yesterday

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q7gTbE]2016-12-18_03-59-31[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/P3Syyd]15492516_1771599096498646_7573638818642664717_n[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q7hqvJ]2016-12-18_04-05-42[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Qkgqak]2016-12-18_04-06-05[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

Last one from me, this weekend has been mainly brought to you by ShoreDump

tang
    Free Member

Have some love.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Best ride of the weekend so far…

First ride outdoors ever for my daughter, a quick scoot up and down our lane, more to come over the holidays 8)

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Some great pics on this thread.

Here are a few of mine. Took the hardtail out for a spin today with the intention of going round Skiddaw on to Keswick or Mungrisdale. The weather and winter sun were so good I couldnt resist a blast over Skiddaw.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Enough arguing – lets ride our bikes (plans & pics thread)’ is closed to new replies.