Home Forums Bike Forum Endura Singletrack Lite II Knee Guards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Endura Singletrack Lite II Knee Guards
    Radioman

I bought a pair of Endura Singletrack lite Kneee pads in June for trail riding. Light knee pads are fine for my local trails which don’t have many rocks etc.

They were great at first comfortable and strayed up well especially compared to my Troy Lee Speed Protection Knee sleeve pads which I used over the last two years.

The  Endura pads breathe well and offer basic protection as do the Troy Lee pads.

Unfortunately the Endura pads have a major design flaw which would make me hesitant to recommend them to trail riders. The back section is covered by a high breathable delicate mesh which very easily ladders or rips on any contact with thorns. Since thorns often encroach into most UK trails it’s a huge oversight using such fragile material as this. In the past before  light pads became available I often used roadie style Lycra knee warmers under shorts to provide protection from minor scuffs. None of them were ripped by thorns.

Anyway I would advise against purchasing these knee protectors until someday they decide to upgrade them.

I did call Endura about this and they showed little interest, and just suggested I return them to the retailer.IMG_4101
    IMG_4100

fazzini

I had similar happen on a pair of Bliss ARG Minimalist pads, however, the hole has never got bigger, and they still fit/work perfectly. Has the hole got worse since it happened?

davros

I’ve got some of these and have a couple of holes in the mesh from catching them on my pedal pins. But they’ve lasted well over a few years with lots of use and the holes haven’t grown so it’s a non-issue for me.

Radioman

Thanks for replies. I think these pads are the latest  MkII type so maybe Endura has put lighter backing mesh on the rear this year? They have made lite pads for a few years but I guess change material or design every few seasons.

. The hole has got worse but I think I will try a blob of silicone on it which might prevent the hole enlarging more.

bruneep

I have these and wear trousers when cycling to guard against ticks fly bites thorns gorse bushes etc. It hasn’t been an issue for me.

I do recommend them.

Radioman

They might be good under trousers but not with shorts. I prefer to wear shorts and use repellent for the flies

. Luckily we don’t get ticks here on the trails but trousers would be very uncomfortable in the summer heat . I managed to get a good two years out of my Troy Lee trail knee pads but I think I will be very lucky if these last !

highlandman
    Free Member

I get on really well with the Endura GV500 shorts. Slimmish fit and at 32-33 waist the M is perfect for me.  They’re definitely summer weight though.

To be fair, I have never had a sizing problem with any of their kit and I have quite a lot of it.

highlandman
    Free Member

Oops.. Wrong thread!  Oh well..

VanHalen

i`ve done similar (but a bigger hole) to my d30 versions but they still work. its just cosmetic. just need to be careful putting them on (i wasnt when i ripped it)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.