Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Endura Piranha/Trigger Glasses
  • andywill

Does anyone have any experiance/opinions of the endura photochromic Lens used in these glasses. I need some sunglasses that I can use in/out of woods & these seem to be the best value around. Other suggestions on makes of glasses would be appreciated. I have a narrow face so don,t want a wide pair of sunglasses.

thepurist

I've done half a dozen rides with a set of the Pirhanas so far – plus points are that they're quick to react to light and shade, they give decent protection against the breeze for my contacts and they seem fairly robust. Minusses are that they don't go fully clear and they seem to mist up quite easily – haven't tried the washing up liquid trick yet though. They may be a bit on the wide side for you though – about 140mm from side to side of the frame. I'm happy enough with them for the money – got fed up with safety spex and didn't want to splash big money on Oakleys etc.

andywill

Are they clear enough for use in fairly dense woodland? Are they misting up only when you stop?

thepurist

If you were in deep Beech woodland on a dull day then they might be a little dark, but I've not had a problem so far & have done a couple of evening rides in some of the more covered bits of swinley with no hassle. Yep they mist up when i stop, but sweating is the one thing i can do well on a bike.

andywill

I think perhaps the Trigger will suit me better as they are described on the Endura website as slimline. Thanks for your advice.

Andituk
    Free Member

I've got Piranhas and agree with thepurist, they do react well, but they're neither as dark as my oakleys or fully clear for really dark stuff. And they do tend to mist up and get moisture forming around the top.

Still the first glasses I pick up every ride though, they still work perfectly for 99% of conditions, which is better than any normal glasses.

andywill

Thanks for that. It sounds like the worst I will have to do is take then off in the deepest shade.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Endura Piranha/Trigger Glasses’ is closed to new replies.